What's new

360 controller question

OP
M

mattg568

I just got my Madcatz microcon 360 controller and it is great!. It fits my hands like a glove. Now here is something you might find strange, Legend. I used the two seperate files I posted earlier and the controller works in N-Rage 2.00a. I'm able to pick XBCD Xbox gamepad in the force feedback drop down list. The test rumble works also. I tested a few N64 games and it rumbles the same as the Microsoft 360 pad.

Could it have helped that I recently reformatted my PC and reinstalled the OS?

Legend

I'm glad you like the controller! :batman: And well, I guess my issues have nothing to do with the controller after all. I wonder if yours also doesn't wake up properly from standby. I even just tried the BRAND NEW March17 XBCDXP exe and I still don't get rumble in game or in the Nrage test. And I did just build this computer from scratch about a month ago so the reformatting probably doesn't matter. I posted over in the XBCD forums so we'll see if I get it fixed one day.

OP
M

mattg568

I just tried my PC's standby mode, and when I woke it back up the ring of light around the big X button was blinking. But it didn't seem to do that for long. May be it was me starting PJ64 that made the controller stop blinking and show the light next to user 1.

BTW, what version of the N-Rage plugin are you using? That version you posted a few pages back was v2.00. Rabiddeity later posted the version I was looking for, v2.00a. That is the version I'm using.

Edit: I just tried the standby mode again and now the lights will not stop blinking. Weird huh? May be unplugging it and reinserting it would do anything? This wont matter to me at least for I never use the standby mode.

Also, when the lights are blinking, the controller seems to be functioning normal in ZSNES, VBA, and PJ64.

Last edited:

Legend

Yeah, the controller works perfectly with the blinking-it's just damn annoying.:(
If you can be the biggest pal and check my 2.00 plugin to see if it rumbles fine for you. It would save me from having to go through the XBCD driver setup and calibration again to check .2.5.

Out of curiousity did you get the black controller or the white? I got both so I could tell them apart. :party:

OP
M

mattg568

I replaced 2.00a with 2.00 and I see nothing different. It still rumbles.

I got the white one. The other color they had did not look like black, more like a dark shade of blue.

Legend

Ooooo...blue sounds cool. I think white's the best though.

Well, thanks alot for checking, there's just something weird with my setup somewhere I guess. No worries.

Go enjoy your controller!! I'm still impressed with the build quality. Madcatz has definetly stepped it up! Bye!

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Legend, you aren't trying to use the patch that made nrage work on the 360 control are you?... thats not required with the newer xbcd's as it passes the rumble to the dinput subsystem instead of xinput.

Legend

No, I'm just running the XBCDXP360 exe and that's it. After install, no rumble even after a restart. I then put the older driver in Drivers folder, restart, and it works fine.

squall_leonhart

if other games get rumble.. then this is more likely an nrage issue :/

get the latest 2.1 debug and upload a fresh log file in nrages thread... make

btw? does the rumble driver show in nrages?

OP
M

mattg568

How can it be an nrage issue if it works for me? I used the xbcd1.07.exe and xbcd360xp.exe to make it work for me.

BTW, did they fix the bug in the all in one installer that didn't let the rumble work in nrage?

squall_leonhart

the bug in the all in one installer affected all rumble games as it didn't install the Forcefeedback registry info (thats why it forcefeedback wasn't identified in DxDiag) and the rumble driver was installed into the wrong place

i tracked this down and had Teal fix it

it is fixed in all in one kits newer then October 2006

and it can very easily be nrage, depending on whether his version of the control uses an older pcb

Legend

if other games get rumble.. then this is more likely an nrage issue :/

get the latest 2.1 debug and upload a fresh log file in nrages thread... make

btw? does the rumble driver show in nrages?

All my other games rumble, just not with Nrage (until i use the old driver). And I have been using the latest 2.1 debug all week.

The rumble driver does shows fine but when I test it and go in game, no rumble.

I have 2 different Microcons-One's Gamestop packaged and one's a packaged by Madcatz but both suffer from no rumble.

Thanks for continuing with this Squall. So you want me to install .2.5 and then make a log and submit that to the 2.00 discussion in Plugins? I'll do that when I get home.

Last edited:
OP
M

mattg568

Good luck to you in resolving that issue, Legend.

And thanks for helping me find a better, cheaper alternative to the Microsoft controller.

OP
M

mattg568

I don't think the wireless controller works yet with XBCD.

The cable that attaches to the wireless controller does not transmit data.

It only supplies power to recharge the batteries in the wireless controller.

I do think that Microsoft is going to make a receiver that plugs into your PC that lets you use the wireless 360 pad with a PC.

But I have heard that that will take some time to make it work with XBCD.

Last edited: