What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mollymutt's Hi-rez Paper Mario

OP
M

Mollymutt

Skyfighter said:
When will it be finished?
Finished? I've just scratched the surface. It takes a lot of work, and a loooong time to do these things. I've never played this game all the way through, so I have no idea how long the game is. I can't even guess how long it'll take.

Kratos777

Keep it up man. Mario and Bowser look higher res than the GC version; awesome!

I wish I knew how to get rid of that damn flickering problem before it's released though. (It's horrible in Toad Town) :(

Anyways great work there pal!

Scatman839

To my knowledge all graphics plugins do that, in one form or another.

No wait, the Direct64 v0.5.03.25 doesn't do it in Toad Town, only problem i've seen so far is on shooting star summit.

Turns out it does it less often, but still does it.

Last edited:

64fanatic

Glide Wonder Plus has no flickering problems at all

BTW:

are you going to use the textures from the dead paper mario project?

he released what he's done.

Terranigma

Mollymutt, I have a question, why do the lines look so weird in your characters? Look at the black outline of Bowser's belly, it is noticably thicker than the ones around his leg. And notice that weird black color? The part where Bowser's shell meets his face.

OP
M

Mollymutt

Updates! I finally got around to updating my pack.
Terranigma said:
Mollymutt, I have a question, why do the lines look so weird in your characters? Look at the black outline of Bowser's belly, it is noticably thicker than the ones around his leg. And notice that weird black color? The part where Bowser's shell meets his face.
I thickened the outlines on a bunch of textures, and here's my first hud and font release. I haven't dumped all the font or hud textures, so if you run across anything not added, you can dump them and send them to me. Just replace the original folders with the new ones. Re-done Luigi and Peach are next.

Kratos777

Some letters and numbers aren't in high res like the others with your font pack.

But this is incredible work, keep it up!

Last edited:
OP
M

Mollymutt

Terranigma said:
Mollymutt, notice that weird black color? The part where Bowser's shell meets his face.
I don't know why this happens. my texture isn't like that. It may be a glitch in the rom. i fixed the bottom of his shell however. Now, on to the updates... Peach and Parrakarry totally redone.
Add the png files to the bowser folder.