Just another Zelda fan legend of zelda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Hi-res pack for Master Quest (E) [h1c] and (f1) roms

Well, as some of you may know, Master Quest (E) [h1c] and (f1) roms do not work with federelli's zelda hi-res texture pack because their internal name is ZELDA MASTER QUEST while all the others are THE LEGEND OF ZELDA. I have edited the names of every file in the pack to make it compatable with these 2 roms. I mostly did this for myself, because i have this rom and wanted to use the pack, but i decided to post it so no one has to do all this renaming crap ever again. Trust me, it's a pain in the ass. I haven't fully tested it yet, so if there is any problems, tell me and i can probably fix it. I just hope this pack is helpful to someone. Also,you should thank clements, he thought of it, i just did all the work. Oh yeah, these are 5MB split rar files, so you need winrar, then just download them all and extract them to your hi-res folder. Enjoy!

Attachment 30431
    Attachment 30432
    Attachment 30433
    Attachment 30434
    Attachment 30435
    Attachment 30436
    No - you are not allowed allowed to have a signature that takes up half of the screen. Understand?

Quote from> Trotterwatch

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Works. Big thanks to you fed and clements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Weird feeling of reality !! :)

Hello there !

i'm all new on this forum, also I didn't know anything about these hi-res projects up to... yesterday !
    It's really great what you've done on Zelda !!!!
    Keep going on this, it's a new life to our old games ! And a new birth for my fav games such as Zelda

One last question : what about "legality" of these retexturing ? I mean, all contents of a game are copyrighted, and may Nintendo dislike this ?? Also, I can use -but only for my personal use- the dumped textures and even the new textures to mkae nice scenes on 3ds max

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by legend of zelda
    I have edited the names of every file in the pack to make it compatable with these 2 roms. I mostly did this for myself, because i have this rom and wanted to use the pack, but i decided to post it so no one has to do all this renaming crap ever again. Trust me, it's a pain in the ass
    LOL, a pain in the ass? it just taked me less than 1 minute to rename them all. If you guys want to also use Djipi's pack for these ROMS just download this little tool, is for renaming the files:

http://www.nonags.com/nonags/fileren.html

Check the proggie options and there's one option called something like "recurse all subdirectories" and enable it. Select the Dijipi's rextexture directory and replace "The Legend of Zelda" for "Master Quest" in all files (don't replace the file number) and it's ready. You also have Djipi's for these ROMS!

I also give credit to Clements for the idea!
    Last edited by t0rek; January 4th, 2006 at 00:10.
    "Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction"

Just another Zelda fan legend of zelda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t0rek
    LOL, a pain in the ass? it just taked me less than 1 minute to rename them all.
    Yeah, i suppose it's not that hard to rename all the files, but the renaming tool i used sucks, that's why it was a pain in the ass. Also, i forgot to mention that i did this because a lot of people don't know how to do this correctly, and it just makes their lives easier. and i suppose i could do djipi's pack, but it's so huge i'd have to split it into like 15 seperate 8MB files, because the max size for posting .rar files is 8MB. But if i did, would anyone want it? I don't want to waste my time making it if no one wants it, because i'm not even going to use it. But, if anyone does want it, just say so and i'll make it.
    No - you are not allowed allowed to have a signature that takes up half of the screen. Understand?

Quote from> Trotterwatch