What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

A few curious questions regarding the Hi-res projects.

Terranigma

I have a few questions that's been bugging me and I was wondering if the folks here can answer them for me. And no, it has nothing to do with how to get _____ pack to work.

1. I looked at all the Cel-Shading projects and they all seem to have one thing in common; none of them Cel-shaded both the backgrounds AND the character models. It's either just the backgrounds, or just the models. Why is that? Actually, I THINK I might have seen one or two shoots with both, but those are very rare.

2. How come none of the Hi-res projects mess with the 2D prerendered stuff like Hyrule Market Place for example? Well, I did see some of the Cel-shaded projects replacing them with a very cool Cel-shaded look. Is it impossible (there goes my wishful thinking of hi-res OB64)? If so, how come I see some pictures for them?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Terranigma said:
I have a few questions that's been bugging me and I was wondering if the folks here can answer them for me. And no, it has nothing to do with how to get _____ pack to work.

1. I looked at all the Cel-Shading projects and they all seem to have one thing in common; none of them Cel-shaded both the backgrounds AND the character models. It's either just the backgrounds, or just the models. Why is that? Actually, I THINK I might have seen one or two shoots with both, but those are very rare.

2. How come none of the Hi-res projects mess with the 2D prerendered stuff like Hyrule Market Place for example? Well, I did see some of the Cel-shaded projects replacing them with a very cool Cel-shaded look. Is it impossible (there goes my wishful thinking of hi-res OB64)? If so, how come I see some pictures for them?
The first problem is plugin related.
Only ONE plugin is capable in replacing the characters with cell shaded look and it isn't released yet... that means, we have to wait for orkin to release the newest direct64 version to the public...
The second one is work related: you have to work very hard on prerendered backgrounds, because they are splitted into little pieces, that means you have to morph them together, rework them and then split them again...
Btw: :cat: looks nice... :p