What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Can anyone help me out?

Locutus

Hi. I was wondering if someone could help me out.

See, where I live, there is the city. The city has DSL\broadband. Then there is the suburbs... they too have DSL\broadband. Just past the suburbs there are the outskirts. They have broadband. A great deal past the outskirts is the country and they, too, have broadband. Just past the country, one comes to the boonies. The boonies have cable broadband. Miles and miles past that and the sticks are in site. Yes they, too, have cable broadband. Even the middle-of-nowhere just past the sticks are cable broadband capable. Then past mordor, and then shire... both of which have some form of a broadband connection. Then middle-earth. They don’t have a broadband connection. They have a ring... of satellite dishes. They get high-speed internet by satellite. But that’s where any form of high-speed internet access ends. And just a few hours ride past that point is where you’ll find me. Yes, I’m crawling along with my very proud dial-up speeds of 10 kbps. Sometimes I get lucky and it speeds up just past the speed of smell to 24 kbps. Sadly, a good portion of my time is spent waiting. Oh there are ways to past the time. But those ways, I’ve found, have gotten better! With a pack of high-res. That’s right! A high-res pack for Zelda: OoT. I was happy when I heard this. I wanted it. So, I went to download it. Sadly, to my chagrin, it’s over 77 mb! At my speed it would take nearly a day and a half to grab it. With dial-up, you see, that is just not doable. So I must stay in the low-res. Unless! Unless, noble sir or madam with the high-speed connection, you were in a forgiving and gracious mood to help a poor, slow beggar out. You could take this file and split her in twain with a program. And then those two, also, in twain and so on; thus making the chunks more easily downloadable for us slow users. Then, I could take those pieces and reassemble them... and I would have—my precious!

No, but seriously. I would ask that the file for download found at http://www.emutalk.net/303531-post57.html be split so I could download it. I found that a couple of the mirrors had it split into 4 19 mb files, but that’s still to large. I would need to have the files around half that size if I was going to download them... and then I still couldn’t get them in a single day. I guess the only thing I can do is beg. I think I did a good job of that. But PLEASE!?

Can’t there be special help for a dial-up user!?

-LOC-

Martin

Administrator
Just a moment buddy, I'll split up the files into smaller pieces and upload.

Toasty

Sony battery
Just a suggestion for you and other dialup users - get a download manager that supports pausing and resuming downloads. That way even if a download gets interrupted by the frequent disconnect, you won't lose everything. ;)

OP
Locutus

Locutus

Thanks! That was so totally cool of you! Yeah file mangers are great but on some of the sites that I grab the big roms from don't support resume. If they don't split some of them, I can't get them. So thanks! Woo-who!

It was the Lord of the Rings reference that did it wasn’t it!:happy:

:bouncy: :icecream: :party:

-LOC-

Last edited: