What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

An idea...

PalmTree

I don't have an xbox yet, but I believe the emulator itself would have to support the higher resolutions which I'm not sure if it does or not. Also, no emulator I know of has a newer version of Rice's plugin that supports the high resolution textures.

If the TV is low res, would high res textures even make a difference?

Tjalian

Nice idea, TS, I think it'd work well.

Lets hope Rice or Orkin releases their hi-res plugins for the 'box.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Vanit said:
Another way around it would be to find a way to compile the new textures into the rom itself.
No way.
The rom wouldn't be work on any emulator and there isn't any way...
Btw: not Rice released the XBox ports of his plugin, another Xbox coder did it.

Krackpipe

MasterPhW said:
Btw: not Rice released the XBox ports of his plugin, another Xbox coder did it.

does that mean the source of rice's plugin is available, or was it ported by hacking the binary?

Sirmatto

I believe up to version 5.60, Rice released the sources. Why he stopped after that is known only to him, but since it's his project, he's free to do as he pleases.

billiejean

No, Rice's plugin is open source and based on the earlier Daedelus plugin. Even if very little of that is left, it is still a derivative work and the source should be released. Also, I don't think you can Un-GPL something that is already GPL. Maybe somebody who knows more about it will post something.

Sirmatto

I retract my statement then, I had no idea it was GPL. I know 1964 is, but had no idea Rice's is too. But again, why he hasn't released his sources is beyond me and probably anyone else. Maybe he's planning on releasing the source when he gets back into coding it.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
AFAIK Rice will rerlease his next source when he likes what he did and when it is a stable release...
So don't bug him, because he had done a great job and he will release his source when he thinks it's time for it...