my prob is i have 3,5 fps and thats very slow can everything
help me??

i have 1200mhz
256DDR RAM
and 128 mvb geforce ti 4200...

ii have played yughio

my english is bad ^^

Trotterwatch

That's about all you are going to get. Your processor is the sticking point + Gamecube emulation isn't at the stage yet where even high end systems are getting framerates much beyond what you are getting (except for a few games).

OP
T

TighT

Ah ok you mean 2000mhz become are enough? or must wait on better version or another emulator?I get Christmas 2000 MHz hehe

Trotterwatch

Well with the 2ghz processor you will most likely find it runs faster. Sadly it ain't gonna run fullspeed, though perhaps it'll be more bearable for you.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
TighT said:
Ah ok you mean 2000mhz become are enough? or must wait on better version or another emulator?I get Christmas 2000 MHz hehe
Actually you should wait until PC hardware evolves enough to handle GameCube emulators. Even if you manage to get the fastest CPU that exists you won't be able to run a GameCube emulator at full speed.

tripleterror

lol i have a 3.2ghz pentium 4 1024mb DDR ram ATI radeon 9800 pro
and still have slow speed on most games(ex.: animal crossing an overall fps of 10)
so don't even bother trying an 2ghz

remmy

reenignE
You'll probably do better to wait until the source is released. Dolphin was created using Visual C++.NET on the .NET framework. Once they open up the source, I am sure we will find many ways to optimize the code.

ector

Emulator Developer
It was compiled with VS.NET 2003, that's true, but it does not use the .NET framework. It's compiled as a native executable for maximum speed.

Good luck optimizing it, you're going to need it...

TaN00Ki

tripleterror said:
lol i have a 3.2ghz pentium 4 1024mb DDR ram ATI radeon 9800 pro
and still have slow speed on most games(ex.: animal crossing an overall fps of 10)
so don't even bother trying an 2ghz

an amd at 2ghz is at least equal (or sometimes more performant, check hardware reviews !!) than a pentium 3.2 ghz pal !

JinXD

TaN00Ki said:
an amd at 2ghz is at least equal (or sometimes more performant, check hardware reviews !!) than a pentium 3.2 ghz pal !
Put away your virtual penis!

Last edited:

remmy

reenignE
Oh boy. That sounds like a challenge. :p

Seriously though, after reading reading the Gekko manuals, I realize how much work must have went into the development so far and too often that is overlooked when an emulated piece of hardware is released. Just wondering here, but how much of the emulator was written in assembly?

Aragorn7

I liek caek
ector said:
It was compiled with VS.NET 2003, that's true, but it does not use the .NET framework. It's compiled as a native executable for maximum speed.

Good luck optimizing it, you're going to need it...

Well, there are always ways to optimize. You would have to look at the code first before you can assess how much can be optimized though.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
OMG, you didn't saw the source right now and already flaming about it!
Be quiet till the source is official released and then show us all, how cool u are and what optimization you can do!