Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yes, that's true. The directX 8 build needs some files from this SDK. As far as I know, compiling under DX8 is prefered as DX9 causes some glitches with this plugin. You'll find the SDK here. Is your crashing problem gone with this version?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can load all the hires textures and start the game just fine with the files you provided. However, if I enable any sort of anti-aliasing, it will crash the game. AA is the main reason I want to use the Rice plugin instead of the Glide64 plugin.

I will grab the DX8 SDK and compile with that, though. Does the SDK include all the end-user files to run DX8 applications as well?

Also, I saw that 6.1.9 had some lines in the TextureFilters.cpp that allowed for up to 256x textures. Would I be able to just copy over those extra lines and add them to this version? The 6.1.9 still crashes for me, and I didn't know what changes you made to 6.1.4 to make it stop crashing on Vista/Win7.
    Last edited by KrazyTrumpeter; August 15th, 2009 at 14:51.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyTrumpeter View Post
    I can load all the hires textures and start the game just fine with the files you provided. However, if I enable any sort of anti-aliasing, it will crash the game. AA is the main reason I want to use the Rice plugin instead of the Glide64 plugin.

I will grab the DX8 SDK and compile with that, though. Does the SDK include all the end-user files to run DX8 applications as well?

Also, I saw that 6.1.9 had some lines in the TextureFilters.cpp that allowed for up to 256x textures. Would I be able to just copy over those extra lines and add them to this version? The 6.1.9 still crashes for me, and I didn't know what changes you made to 6.1.4 to make it stop crashing on Vista/Win7.
    The crash was caused by variables that are under certain conditions uninitialized in the graphics library code. (the c-code loading the png files). A diff will tell you the exact location.

Sure, you can port the scaling code without problems. The approach is the same for whatever size you like to support. A more sophisticated way to calculate the needed scaling factor would be to use the logarithm of 2 for detecting it instead of these dull if statements.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeesh, now I'm getting compile errors.

Creating library RiceVideoStable.lib and object RiceVideoStable.exp
    TextureFilters.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol [email protected] referenced in function "bool __stdcall LoadRGBBufferFromPNGFile(char *,unsigned char * *,int &,int &,int)" ([email protected]@YG_NPADPAPAE [email protected])
    TextureFilters.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol [email protected] referenced in function "bool __stdcall LoadRGBBufferFromPNGFile(char *,unsigned char * *,int &,int &,int)" ([email protected]@YG_NPADPAPAE [email protected])
    Render.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol [email protected] referenced in function "bool __stdcall SaveRGBBufferToFile(char *,unsigned char *,int,int,int)" ([email protected]@[email protected])
    Render.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol [email protected] referenced in function "bool __stdcall SaveRGBBufferToFile(char *,unsigned char *,int,int,int)" ([email protected]@[email protected])
    RiceVideoStable.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

Those errors are only when I try to compile the Release(non DX9) version.
    I can compile the Debug(non DX9) just fine, and it loads all the high res textures as well as let's me use full AA and AF. I also ported the extra highres texture code.

Would you like me to upload it?
    Last edited by KrazyTrumpeter; August 15th, 2009 at 15:42.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Well I'm pretty sure I've got a Rice Video to load textures arbitrarily.
    To get how much the texture has being times-ed by
    Code:
    newImageSize/oldimagesize
    So if the texture is by the power of 2 it should load it but i don't think its quite working at this very moment.
    Last edited by death--droid; August 16th, 2009 at 02:12.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi...
    Er... sorry to revive a somewhat old thread but I'm having a little problem.
    After Mario and Peach in the castle at the beggining of Paper Mario, when the castle rises it goes to a black screen.
    I'm using Project 64 1.6.
    Help please!
    And thanks beforehand .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not only is this an old thread, but it has nothing to do with the question you asked. Why not start a thread of your own to cover your problem?

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829