What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Ocarina Pedestal WIP

Tjalian

Ocarina Pedestal WIP *UPDATE!*

Hey guys...I decided to combine beta with hi-res ;)

I've only been able to find the top bit of the pedestal so far, and its my first work re-texturizing wise.

[Edited out due to newer work, see below]

I can and will make this better...but one question, whats better to use:

Photoshop CS 2 or GIMP? I haven't really tried GIMP, though, and I don't know a lot about the extra features of CS 2(I've previously been using 6, damn its such a difference :p).

C & C is warmly welcomed :)

- Tjalian

Last edited:
OP
T

Tjalian

I was talking with my mate, and we went over a few ideas to improve my Texture, and this is what we got (Look above)

You may need to re-fresh your page though.

Kerber2k

If your using photoshop cut that sucker out and re-do the bevel ....looks like a pillow to me. You could even re-do the whole concreate block too just look up a tutorial. google it im lazy

OP
T

Tjalian

I guess I'm going to have to :p

It doesn't look very hi-res. It looks better then what it was, though.

OP
T

Tjalian

*laughs* ;)

Cheers Cool :)

EDIT: Verrrrrry nice :D Thanks again cool :). Seen as I woke up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep, I may as well work on this, heh.

I'll post my works later :)

Last edited:
OP
T

Tjalian

Well Ok I've made an update, as the title says.

I've revamped the top bit, I want this to be completely my own work, heh. The side bits really do shine out, which makes the top bit look even worse *laughs*

I've got an idea to make the top bit and the bottom bit blend in more to seem more like one, plus I've go to make it seem more like the Ocarina is either coming out or going in, it looks a little flat to me at the moment.

But nevertheless I decided to make an update to see if any-one wants these now. I'm not the kinda guy to tease :p.

THELEGENDOFZELDA-11.jpg

EDIT:

I'll include a savestate to, if that's OK. Big Thanks to the guys at ZSO for putting the Ocarina Pedestal in the Forest Temple! :D

Last edited:

I_love_Link

There's one thing I don't understand... The Ocarina Pedestalls are only in beta quest, not in the actual game, why are you making a texture especially for this when so few people are ever even going to see it?

OP
T

Tjalian

Well actually, a lot of people still tinker around with Beta Quest and the Ocarina Pedestal.

The Main goal is to COMPLETELY re-texture OoT. In my book, that accounts for Beta too, considering that is a part of OoT, right? The Ocarina pedestal is one of the biggest beta discovereies in the history of OoT as of press time. I think its deserves a re-texture :D

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
Does that also mean you expect a redone Japanese font and crap like that different bow, "Disk," "Presented by Nintendo," and the various bottles that do nothing?

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Tjalian said:
Well actually, a lot of people still tinker around with Beta Quest and the Ocarina Pedestal.

The Main goal is to COMPLETELY re-texture OoT. In my book, that accounts for Beta too, considering that is a part of OoT, right? The Ocarina pedestal is one of the biggest beta discovereies in the history of OoT as of press time. I think its deserves a re-texture :D

You obviously haven't heard of the giant, talking stone door.
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=12789&page=5&pp=15
"Hi! I'm a talking door!"

In any case, I actually think this thread is unnecessary, despite its coolness. 99.9999999999% of people playing OoT will not look at this often enough to justify its existance. Seriously. Although if you continue, PLEASE retexture the talking door; it's awfully low-res.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
The "talking door" is actually the same door from the entrance to the Shadow Temple.. oddly enough, I've seen it in the Temple of Time before aswell.

Tj is part of our Zelda hacking group, Zelda Coalition. He's seen basically everything I and others have found. ;) I still believe the Ocarina Pedestal is a great finding.. but admittedly, not the most deserving of a retexture. I like that you're doing it though, Tj. Keep it up.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tjalian

Thanks for backing me up Cool, but Googol, if you honestly feel this thread is a waste of space, Report it or tell me, and it'll get it locked by someone.

I didn't think there was much point making a thread, should of just done it and IM'd people on AIM.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
No, keep going. On further thought, this will be like an "expansion pack" of sorts for the real pack - those who don't want, won't get it. You've done an excellent job, keep at it.