EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Paper mario and texture help

Hi im new in this and very interested in retexture games, i wanted to know if theres a way to save space with the images (besides the format compresion) cause i was making some tests with Paper Mario and i have a lot of textures which when i retouch they have a lot more size.

Maybe that question was dumb. but i appreciate any help. maybe i should shrink the texture to the original size before save?

by the way here go some screenshots, i change bowser and kammy koopa in the intro (the most noticeable changes) to give them a more "paper feeling" , the first is the normal screenshot and the second is the hi-res screenshot, i dont know anything about retouching images but ill hear any comments ^^U

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ug. Not to disregard your efforts, but I think you need to find a different paper texture than that. It kind of looks like they are printed on toilet paper. Again nothing against you, but the pleats in the texture look like that.
    Well, shall we go?
    Pull on your trousers.
    What?
    Pull on your trousers.
    You want me to pull off me trousers?
    Pull ON your trousers.
    Oh, yes.
    Well, shall we go?
    Yes. Let's go.
    -Waiting for Godot

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like you just used that filter in photoshop. No offence but the originals are better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You could try and replace the texture with a paper mario 2 texture. It's better to replace a texture with a new one rather than improving it. In paper mario, the texttures are so poor quality, they r hard to improe (most are 16x16 ci textures). See the old paper mario thread where i tried this.