What's new

Direct64 v0.5.03.25

ragnor

hey, haven't been around in a good 8 months to a year, and I'm uncertain as to whether Direct64 ever implemented the two WIPs Orkin had going last I saw... the cell-shading effect, and the polygon multiplication aren't mentioned in the readme. Did they ever make the cut?

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Hosma293 said:
Hey Orkin, looks like one nice plugin you got there! :D

Anyways, this will prolly sound silly so I'm just gonna say it. Would it be possible to make a version of the plugin that doesn't need PS support? I'm asking because the Notebook that I'm on now was I gift from my grandmother from about 2-3 yrs ago with no PS support. You may ask 'Why don't I just upgrade it', simple answer: About 5 months ago we were scammed out of $9000 AUS, Our little saved up stash, and that eliminated any possibility of me getting any upgrades. Since neither my dad or my mum work, I've got little chance of ever seing this plugin in action.
I'm hoping you have the time and the patience too remove the PS code, but I will understand if you can't do it for any reason..

*Crosses Fingures*

The whole plugin is built to use shaders, you can't "remove" the pixelshading from the plugin and still be able to use it. He would probably have to write a whole new plugin and it wouldn't be the same as the one with pixelshading

Any comments?

Last edited:

Clements

Yep. He could use Orkin's glN64(), as it uses OpenGL 1.4 I believe, and has some of the features of Direct64. If his video card can't handle glN64(), then there isn't much Orkin can do about it, as the intention of these plugins is not to support as many graphics cards as possible (like Jabo's, Rice's). The point of Direct64 is to make use of graphics card abilities such as Pixel Shaders to help with some of the N64's special effects.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Can any of the moderators, please try to get in touch with orkin, by email maybe, just to make sure he is ok. Its been about a year now since he was last active, and as impatiant as we all are for the cel-shaded plugin, I am worried something terrible may have happened to him personally...

Ryuran

The Overseer
Yep... I's been a year since Orkin posted some screens using his cel-shader plugin. I hope he's alright at least =D

dazey238

If you actually look at Orkin's profile, his last activity on Emutalk was December last year, so it's not really been a year since he's been around.

And I'm sure I've gone 6 months without posting on here before!

I suspect he's just getting on with real life.

Hal

Bartman
Wow, the last time I visited emutalk, this fourm was where the action was with orkin posting pics of his new hi-res plugin with cel shading. Now it looks to me as if the Direct 64 project will R.I.P. =(

gdp2000

Maybe we should start a petition and send Orkin some money. It would be really a pitty if I he'd abandon this plugin. For me it's the most compatible one, especially in Mario Tennis. If you think that Orkin is interested, think that this would be possible and know how to contact him, then please think about it.

Iconoclast

This plugin is probably the only one that fixes the missing dissolve effect in Super Mario 64, along with Direct64 v0.5 ALPHA. I mean, some other plugins fix it, but they make Mario look pixilated. If you use Direct64 and enable the "PC noise at resolution" option, the dissolve effect is then correctly emulated.

Correct me if I'm wrong when I say that this is the only DirectX plugin that can do this. (I can't test OpenGL plugins.)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Note the word "think." I don't know if it is completely fixed or not. I do hope it is, but I cannot be sure as I have never tried to play on an ATI card.

wvj1992

Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller.
I have an Intel 82845G Graphics Controller.

That's mine, will it work

Also, I can't have it loading because it said d3dx9_24.dll wasn't found.
Then it said it failed to load the plugin

What should i do?