What's new

Chanka Compatability List

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
Rayman 2

Rayman 2 update, oddly enough my version didnt get an AV-Cable error (I didnt patch it)

rayman2-title.jpg

These two dont have the Chankast bar because I used Fraps to cap them ;)
rayman2-vmu.jpg

rayman2-menu.jpg

Normal: Menu GFX pretty much perfect, all menus present, sound a bit clippy
Newgfx: Menu GFX 50% Missing/Corrupted, sound still a bit clippy

Crashes when "New Game" is selected.

P~

EDIT: This is the CCS (or is that CSS?) release, may already have been Selfboot/VGA Patched.

Last edited:

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
Aqua GT

Aqua GT CDDA + Selfboot & VGA Patch boots to a black screen on Normal & NewGFX, (not frozen, fps counter still changes)

R00ster

Speed Devils crashes before you can get into a menu or somethin, it gets past the sga logo but crashes after the mpeg logo.

Chris_W

I am very impressed with Chankast and it will be a fantastic EMulator one day but for now..

it seem no matter what Compat list you are going to do it isnt going to be correct for others...

what one says is compat isnt for someone else, what you say is fully playable, plays a bit and crashes for me...

also it seems to be missing important info on what works and what dont as in image format and if you needed to make it self boot.

I have given up trying now as i get more and more Pee'd off of reading "This Works" to find i have a crash fest :)

cant wait to the emu progresses better and i might be able to really enjoy it.

Last edited:

Luka

The Chankast Worshiper
I tested these games with Chankast hope this comes useful to you guys :happy:

Obsidian (Sega Mega Drive Emulator): Emu boots fine goes through the menus but after loading a ROM Chankast crashes

Ridge Racer (Bleem!): Boots then crashes Chankast

Yu Suzuki Game Works: Boots then just hangs

The Typing Of The Dead: Doesnt work, black screen

Rival Schools 2 Project Justice: Boots up and loads elchelon intro then black screen

Jeffma Fighting Pack (MVSC2, CVSS2, SFA3): Doesnt boot

Jeffma Shooter Pack: Boots and goes into web browser to select game but when a game is picked to load the screen goe black

Super Speed Racing: Boots then goes to white screen

Metal Slug 2 (Neo Geo CD Emulator): Boots then got to black screen

Cheers keep up the great work!!!! :bouncy:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Space Channel 5 part 1
and
Space Channel 5 Part 2

Number 1 is almost flawless, runs at full speed, perfect sound, the only thing I see wrong is a slightly transparent texture on Ulala's head.

Number 2 is perfect, just slow. CLippy sound.

Add those to the list.

Drunkard

Hi,

Uefa dream soccer , menus work with chankast capcomhack + normal chankast (they are not visible with new_Gfx), ingame players are messed up, same with all versions of chankast ingame.

sound is fine

rcgamer

the old guy
the game cool cool toon (japanese game) works from what i saw. didnt play very long so it may crash or something later on.

rcgamer

the old guy
dino crisis will boot up and play the video after you choose your game unfortunately when the first mission actually starts it crashes.
to make it boot i used the program from here http://www.intergate.com/~bigjoeroy/imginfo.exe
and opened the dino crisis image
check the vga box
save
now right click the dino crisis image file and open it with the program that made it (ie nrg open with nero burning rom, cdi open with discjuggler) or you can open the program that created it and choose burn image. and burn the image to a cdr . when its done you can play on chanka from the cd or you can make another image from the cd. you cant just use the modified image or you will (most times) get the io control error.
this also works for cool cool toon. and probably several other that get the av cable error.
hope it helps some of you.

Aks

made soul reaver today, game ran weird..the fps was fine but moving seemed to take forever. the sound is rather irritating(bad bitrate?..) but works.

Here's some screens

SoulReaver01.jpg

SoulReaver02.jpg

SoulReaver05.jpg

I didnt really test it to see if it crashed...he ran so slow I didnt really want to go further..lol

I'll post back later if I get bored

Sultan

Patched Chu Chu Rocket to selfboot. It works but is not playable.
There's no music (CDDA) Menu's are hard to navigate. Once you get in game, there is nothing on the playing field. The intersting thing is that it's not just a clipping issue with the background hiding stuff. As soon as you tell it to run the level, you win because there are no mice! Very intersting error :)

Hero

Hero said:
Thanks for your reply guys, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Woohoo! it worked! :bouncy: Thanks guys! I guess it was the drivers afterall, although it is going slow as expected of a geforce 2 mx :plain:
any ideas how I can make it faster?

edit: sorry about repeating the fps speed question, I know about the Speed pig from the chanka utilities but it's not really helping. I guess I'll have to wait for the next version like others.

Last edited:

Sephiroth83

Fugitive Mind
rcgamer said:
dino crisis will boot up and play the video after you choose your game unfortunately when the first mission actually starts it crashes.
to make it boot i used the program from here http://www.intergate.com/~bigjoeroy/imginfo.exe
and opened the dino crisis image
check the vga box
save
now right click the dino crisis image file and open it with the program that made it (ie nrg open with nero burning rom, cdi open with discjuggler) or you can open the program that created it and choose burn image. and burn the image to a cdr . when its done you can play on chanka from the cd or you can make another image from the cd. you cant just use the modified image or you will (most times) get the io control error.
this also works for cool cool toon. and probably several other that get the av cable error.
hope it helps some of you.
thanks man i'll try with my code veronica pal version that gives the av problem ;)

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Actually, as i stated in the patching ur VGA games thread, you can use that modified images. Let me find a quote from it.

posty_2k3: Patching your non bootable or VGA games said:
I just got soul calibur to work. No burning, nothing. Use the app found here -> http://www.intergate.com/~bigjoeroy/imginfo.exe and make sure you check VGA box after you open your ISO/CDI/NRG/whatever. Then, download THIS version of Daemon tools -> http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=Download&id=27 and install it. After you check VGA in that app, load the game to Daemon's virtual drive and check all the emulation options (like safedisc, etc). No iocontrol errors, and no vga error. It goes right ingame :D

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
Sultan said:
Patched Chu Chu Rocket to selfboot. It works but is not playable.
There's no music (CDDA) Menu's are hard to navigate. Once you get in game, there is nothing on the playing field. The intersting thing is that it's not just a clipping issue with the background hiding stuff. As soon as you tell it to run the level, you win because there are no mice! Very intersting error :)

I checked up on this earlier, the menu corruptions are confirmed on both versions, but on mine the levels start fine, its just the in game graphics have transparency and a few other problems the make it quite hard to play (i.e directional arrows not appearing for a second or two after being placed, regardless of framerate, plus some other minor errors)

P~

Sultan

Phreaky said:
I checked up on this earlier, the menu corruptions are confirmed on both versions, but on mine the levels start fine, its just the in game graphics have transparency and a few other problems the make it quite hard to play (i.e directional arrows not appearing for a second or two after being placed, regardless of framerate, plus some other minor errors)

P~

Very weird. On my version the arrows are the only thing on the field that work fine! I'm going to try and redo the selfboot patch, try a different method and see if that has any issues. I have to be able to play my favorite game! :p