What's new

2 Zeldas and 2 Marios on GC!

Macca

News or rumors, you decide;

Straight from http://cube.ign.com/articles/357/357694p1.html

"April 19, 2002 - Overseas games news service Quiter is reporting that tomorrow's issue of Japanese GameCube magazine Dengeki will feature first details on two major unannounced Nintendo titles. The first is another Mario game in addition to Super Mario Sunshine. The other is another Zelda game that isn't the cel-shaded The Legend of Zelda designer Shigeru Miyamoto first previewed at Space World 2001.
There are no details whatsoever on the secret Mario game, but reports floating abound have indicated that the secret Zelda title could be a compilation of sorts with an updated graphic look. Rumor has it that US Nintendo development subsidiary NST could be behind the game. There are no solid confirmations on any of this information.

If Quiter is correct and tomorrow's Dengeki does in fact reveal two new games, that would mean that GameCube owners would be getting two Mario titles and two Zelda offerings within the next year -- a magnificent feat, especially by Nintendo's slow development cycle standards.

IGNcube will of course have the follow-up story as Dengeki hits news stands in Japan."

Guess we'll see more tomorrow :D

gokuss4

Meh...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT I MOTHERFUCKING KNEW IT!!!!!!!! i knew that they were gonna work on another zelda game after the cel-shaded version, i knew they were gonna work on the original zelda gamecube version. I KNEW IT. CHEERS :happy:

:thumbsup: :D :cool: :)

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
you pople get all excited over. . . nothing really. wait till tomorrow till you crap your pants

/rushes out to get his pre orders ready

Jaz

Ex-Mod
It never appeard in that Japanese magazine it was supposed to today.. And it's still un-confirmed.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Its too good to be true, therefore false.

Think about it, not only another Zelda, not only a non-cel shaded Zelda, but a new non-cel-shaded complication Zelda. AND ANOTHER MARIO! if this isnt BS, Bulls dont shit.

Remote

Often the least possible explanation is the right one... I wouldn't be surprised or unhappy if this turns out to be real...

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
The "word" I`ve caught from People In The Industry (t.m.) is that the second Zelda sometimes mentioned actually refers to the as-yet-unannounced GBA linkable version... the last interview in NGC mag certainly supported that theory. They *never* keep their big games like Zelda in the shadows for major consoles. They simply wouldn`t dare after the backlash. The Mario game? If it exists. probably what came of the "100 Marios" demo... or it could be Marionette. Then you have the secondhand source IGN (what a wonderful, well informed and always accurate bunch of videogame `journalists` they.... aren`t)
So much is famously always lost in the translation anyway...
Probably even more so in an article which doesn`t even exist ;)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Stalkid64 said:
IGN (what a wonderful, well informed and always accurate bunch of videogame `journalists` they.... aren`t)

*ROTFLOL*

Let's not even go there again.. ;)

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Aw... but its so easy. And fun. Yes. So here goes; To review things in the style of IGN, simply reiterate whatever can be found in the manual and on the back of the box. I often think they should start IGNCookery. They could review food products (a can of tomato soup, or pot noodles for example)... they could simply relist the ingredients and the cooking instructions, offer a comment on the `pretty colours that aren`t as good as (other brand)`s version` and the taste, knock it for lastability, then give it an above average score regardless and say that it`s a "must buy!".
And of course, charge for the `service`.