What's new

1964 with 3D Ripper DX problems

Unknownssj

Hi, guys. First time posting here, but I'll get right to the point.

I've been trying to rip models from Majora's Mask using the stated programs, but I can't seem to get it to work right. Everything loads up fine, but when I capture, only the textures and shaders are taken out. A .3dr file is also created, though it's a mere 544Bytes, and only shows the directory path of the shaders and textures when opened up in notepad. This can't be right, can it? The time capturing takes is very minuscule, too (most had been about 2 seconds).

Also, I use Maya 2009, so I have the wavefront .obj option checked. However, no capture has yet to yield any .obj or mtl files.

I really need help here. If this ripping method doesn't pan out I'll have no idea what else to do, as I've already tried Lemmy's plugin, and that wouldn't capture either.

OP
U

Unknownssj

Oh wow, thanks so much for nothing guys. A fantastic help, really. I've been checking back here everyday, and not so much as one post.

gitech

N64 Artist
I'd take that as 'nobody knows'...don't take it personally. ;)

Just give it some time and keep updating your thread with things you have tried since to keep it active...and hopefully at some point, someone who can help you will come around. :)

Sorry I can't help, but I'd be VERY interested in this if a solution is found!

Later,
Jay

Super David

I know how to rip models from n64 games. I use 1964 0.9.9 and the plug in for ripping is Nemu64 Graphics (combine debug). It is in fact lemmy's plug in, but if it works for me, it should work for you. You can get it here in case you have the wrong version http://rapidshare.com/files/283748880/LemD3D8.dll.html.
What you do is..
1 Put it in the 1964 plugin folder
2 Change Plugin to Nemu64 Graphics (combine debug)
3 Start your game and get to where you want to rip
4 Click the plug-ins tab and go to video settings.
5 Check the export VRML button.
6 Pause your game
7 Go to C:\ VRML and there should be ripped graphics and the model. (You might need to create a C:\VRML folder or else it won't work)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you can use Maya for viewing these models. I used Blender and a VRML plug-in to view them.

If you need any help, just ask.
Here's a picture I took of the beginning of the game. It looks a little glitched but ripping isn't completely perfect (this is a bad picture though). http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/7893/zeldal.jpg