What's new

1964 Suggestion

tbag

Just a quick suggestion for the next release of 1964 you know when you extract a new plugin or put a new plugin in the Plugin folder while the emulators running if you try to click on Change Plugins its disabled why not just fix this it would save some time ;)

Duncan

N64 Addict
Your not supposed to be changing or adding plugins while the emu is running. its like trying to change the oil in your car while its running, not a good thing.

Duncan

N64 Addict
Its just a common sence type rule, if your going to add a plugin, shut off the emu and then add the plugin to the "plugins" folder, then re-boot the emu and select it and config :)

OP
tbag

tbag

Maybe it could be put in the Options?

anyhow its a suggestion which means it doesnt have to be done

OP
tbag

tbag

Atleast i got someone on my side it would only stall for like 4 secs if that then be fine

Duncan

N64 Addict
Its easy, and theres no need to compare and get confused, these are the best and recommended plugins to use:

Video: Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5 (unless stated in the rom browser: use Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40, or: use Daedalus D3D Rel3)
Audio: Azimers Audio v 30 (old Driver)
Input: NRage's Direct-Input8 1.61

With these plugins you should have no problem running 1964 nicely, unless you have a Voodoo based video card in that case use the Glide64 plugin.

PotMan

tbag, although i agree it would be easier to change plugins on the fly, i also believe its easier to just tell someone to implement it. So quit being lazy.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ra5555 said:
I agree with tbag... its kinda of frustrating to test and compare all those plugins

no its not! just dump all the plugins into the folder before starting the emu.

OP
tbag

tbag

Hmm.. if you dont have much time on your hands and if your copying from a network of comps it can take some time ;)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If it would be able to load all plugins on the fly, it would have to re-check it every time it opens the plugin-dialog. And when checking the plugins, it takes time!
It must checks for necessary functions to call, and every function call takes a lot of cpu power, even though you don't notice it.

MaGiX

Banned
Duncan said:
Your not supposed to be changing or adding plugins while the emu is running. its like trying to change the oil in your car while its running, not a good thing.

Excellent metaphor my friend.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
The game world in an n64 is built, not fully regenerated every time you get a VI. I would respectfully submit that there is no way that you could do this without completly restarting the game, so it could rebuild the data. Besides that, you would probably get visual corruption because of how the other plugin was rendering.

MaGiX

Banned
Actually what would be the point of that, just save a state and reload it. A good one would be to make it have some AVI compression output. That would be excellent to show people how to do things in a game.

OP
tbag

tbag

I highly agree with you MaGiX ive always wanted to record some of the N64 games especially in cut scenes etc.. ;)