What's new

1964 problem

Gozu33

when i open 1964 0.9.9 and open Zelda Ocarina of Time(the only rom i have) it says "Error to start video" what should i do? the rom isn't the problem cuz it runs on Mupen64 but really really slow at .7 o_O ne help would be greatly appriciated

revl8er

That Damn Good
The first thing you should tell us is your system specs if you need help. Tell us what plugins you are using also.

OP
G

Gozu33

I dunno most of my system specs but ill give u waht i can

CPU:AMd Athlon Processer Video:??? Sound ???Memory:384.0 mb ram Other:???

Plugins

Video:Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0
Audio:schibo's audio plugin 1.2 based on UltraHLE
Input:N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a
Rsp:none

P.S how do i find the rest of the stuff? it is somewhere in My Computer properties??

Last edited:
OP
G

Gozu33

Good news i changed the video plugin and now it works
but VERY SLOWLY

do u know how 2 fix it? i am using the OpenGL plugin

rcgamer

the old guy
try using jabo d3d6 1.5.1. you have to dl pj64 and take the plugin from it because for whatever reason jabo only releases it like that.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Without your video properties its rather hard to help, even knowing whether or not its onboard or not is a big help

OP
G

Gozu33

i can't use Jabo b/c it says something HAL Direct3dx somethin

and how do i find my Video card?(its been a while)

rcgamer

the old guy
click on accessories then system tools then system information. and click the dispay option. or right click my computer then click properties then hardware then device manager and finally display adapters. mind you this is with xp not sure if its the same on 98

rcgamer

the old guy
well that means it is an onboard graphics chip. Ive found from my experience that they are not good . I would suggest getting a graphics card. You can get pretty good ones for less than a 100$. also from system information you can find out all the other specs of your computer.

you might try making sure your drivers are up to date. just type in s3 graphics in search bar and look for drivers.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gozu33

what card do u recommend?
and is there neway i can run it with the card i have?
and about Jabo how do i get that 2 work

vleespet

The decent one
Your current card will probably work fine with Glide64 + evoodoo (you can get them both from the download-section). I'd recommend Glide64 0.5 + evoodoo Nemesis for the best quality, and Glide64 0.42 + evoodoo 3.25 to run everything at a nice speed but for *some* games *probably* buggier.

And if you want a new card for N64 emulation I'd recommend a Geforce 3.

rcgamer

the old guy
to use jabos plugins you need to move the plugins to your 1964 plugins folder from pj 64. and you need to move the rsp.dll there as well. the rsp must be enabled.

im sure there is a way to possibly run it on your pc but someone who has that chip will have to tell you.

i would recommend a geforce fx card. I got mine for a little under a hundred bucks and have not had any problems with. but there are many good ones.

i would like to see your processor speed posted. if your pc is to old then a high powered card might not help. But dont fret im sure someone here who knows more will be able to help you out more. on the first page of system information there should be a line that tells you about your processor.

scotty

The Great One
I recommend any Video Card that is 32MB or higher. An AGP interface on your motherboard would be an asset, but if you do not have one, you can still get a ahlf decent card like an Nvidia GeForce4 MX 420

Rice

Emulator Developer
A Geforce FX5200 is more prefered than MX 420 since FX5200 is DX 9 compatible.