What's new

1964 plays hacked ROMs?

Geoz

De Master
something has been bugging me for a while with this rom that i was asked to check out, well anywho i tried running the rom in PJ64 nothing happened so i told her that is was no good... but i thought it mighty odd seeing as the ROM (paper boy) is supported... well i was playing with 1964 and i decided to try it:

Is this rom valid or what?! i have never seen anything like it before (cos i dump my own)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
1964 should try to run any rom designed for the n64, whether or not it is hacked or not :)

That looks like one of those Introduction screens you get on some roms, its hacked into it (obvisously), should be able to get into the game from it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I highly doubt that, people probably put the effort into making it look like Super Mario Land.

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
Paper boy does run from it but its a boring wait while all the credits go by of the hacking crew and how they proudly present this game and whatever they where on about and i found the site it came from BTW and all the roms they have there are hacked versions (just a side note but i remember once upon a time there were plenty of ROM sites but now there all slowly going)
But it makes my head hurt why any1 would want to put an intro like that on a ROM image... its just annoying! and another thing is anyone aware of any side effects of these roms? cos seeing as i have the legit v. i might aswel remove it.
Oh yea its got 1 good point, the jazzed up mario tekno tune! :1964:

Quvack

Yeah its just an intro the release group used to put on some of their releases. The same type of intro was on a Charlies Blast Territory game I aquired a while ago :p

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Geoz said:
something has been bugging me for a while with this rom that i was asked to check out, well anywho i tried running the rom in PJ64 nothing happened so i told her that is was no good... but i thought it mighty odd seeing as the ROM (paper boy) is supported... well i was playing with 1964 and i decided to try it:

Is this rom valid or what?! i have never seen anything like it before (cos i dump my own)

I have that same dump dusted over here somewhere. You can play it with PJ64, you just need to set the CPU to Interpreter. But the intro could load quite slow, so you should set also a higher counter factor (3+) or wait patiently for the intro to run.

And except from that intro, the rom is identical to the good dump avaiable somewhere (?)

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
cool i am glad that i am the only one with doddy intro. Just as a side point when was Paperboy Released because there is a date on the Intro of the ROM and i was wondering if maybe it was a pre official version that could be different or maybe its just some dude(s) stuck an intro on i found an interesting Mario 64 intro aswell.