What's new

1964 Performance

rickianblaster

Could we get a list of the best way to run 1964, the fastest?

I mean graphics plug-ins, sound, input, and EVERYTHING IN THE EMU.

Like RSP codes, etc. Page buffering...

Also, if anyone can suggest emu-specific tips that don't invlolve settings, it would be *SPIFFY*. I'm just bugged that the emu has slight problems maintaining speed on my machine...

Don't ask. I have BOTH WinXP and Win98 on my machine. WinXP is crappy, because it doesn't know what a PentiumII is, it sees a Pentium III with SSE... And tries to do things accordingly...

Thanx.

My findings:
DirectX7 Jabo
Best sound- unknwn
NRage's DirectInput1.8(or is it 8.1?)

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi Rickian.

First, the best plugins to use are totally dependant on the system specs of the user. e.g daves glide is the fastest plugin for me in many games because I have a voodoo card.

Second, the graphics plugins only work on certain games. So in my case , even though daves glide is generally the fastest plugin, you couldn't recommend it as being the fastest on a game that it didn't work on, and another plugin did.

So as you can see, it would have to not only system specific, but then WITHIN that list it would then have to be game specific also.

I wouldn't want the job of putting that together :)

Although, I am surprised that there hasn't been a list of games put together that lists all roms that you can select "assume 32 bit" (I think that is only rom specific, but I am prepared to be put right on this point ?).

:)

Last edited:
OP
R

rickianblaster

Uh... I see that the first response never read the WHOLE post...

I asked ppl to list what works best for THEM, and the HARDWARE they use.

If it doesn't work on specific games, that's okay, I'd just like it if ppl listed a basic configuration, if they WANT to add more fine, but I just want overall what's best for ppl, and what they use.

I'm not asking for game specific plug-in info...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: Uh... I see that the first response never read the WHOLE post...

rickianblaster said:

If it doesn't work on specific games, that's okay, I'd just like it if ppl listed a basic configuration, if they WANT to add more fine, but I just want overall what's best for ppl, and what they use.

They told you,
what plugins you need depend on your hardware.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
OK, here comes mine:
I've a 386 (10 mb) laptop with win 95 on it which emulator should i use?

LOL
:D

OP
R

rickianblaster

I already responded to a comment of this nature...

I don't care if it's hardware specific. I've already acknowledged that.
I'm simply saying list the plug-in and YOUR hardware. It's not supposed to be for EVERYONE. It would be nice if ppl could compare with others who happen to have similar hardware.

Please stop saying this. It's pointless, it's irritating, and I've already addressed the issue.

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Re: Uh... I see that the first response never read the WHOLE post...

rickianblaster said:

Rickian,

I'm sorry if you're getting irritated, my original answer was supposed to be informative as opposed to argumentative.

I can't speak for others but an example of a reply if you asked me what was my best setup would have to be something like:

"system specs"
graphics plugin: Daves glide (but sometimes jabos d3d or Ice's Open Gl).
etc, etc.....

So in effect I wouldn't really be giving you any quality information, cos I'm basically stating that EVERY plugin (as you kinda put it) "works best for ME on HARDWARE I use"

Do you see where I'm coming from now ?

:)

Last edited:
OP
R

rickianblaster

DeadRabbit... I appreciate your help.

Deadrabbit, you're not the one who's bugging me. You were helpful!

Doomulation and Falcon4ever were NOT helpful, only stating what they feel to be shortfalls of this forum. Deadrabbit, your help is very appreciated.

It's the others who pollute this forum.

Thanx.:D

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: DeadRabbit... I appreciate your help.

rickianblaster said:
Deadrabbit, you're not the one who's bugging me. You were helpful!

Doomulation and Falcon4ever were NOT helpful, only stating what they feel to be shortfalls of this forum. Deadrabbit, your help is very appreciated.

It's the others who pollute this forum.

Thanx.:D
You're the one who does not listen to us!
We told you it's hardware specific, if you'd only tell us what gfx card and stuff you have, we'd tell you the best plugin for you!

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Anywayz Azi'z Soundplugin 0.40 is the fastest.
Erm doom check his spec's in @ the bottom of his message...
But you shouldn't ask this question becuz you must first read... THE MANUALS :)
DeadRabbit

My findings:
DirectX7 Jabo
Best sound- unknwn
NRage's DirectInput1.8(or is it 8.1?)

---------------------
Celeron 700Mhz w/128k cache
384Mb PC133
GeForce2 GTS w/64MbDDR
HD 40Gb 7200Rpm
10GB 7200Rpm
SB16
Win98
WinXP

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
My system specs

Windows XP Home
AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.2 on Asus A7V133
768 MEG RAM
GeForce3 ti200 64MEG
Sound Blaster Live Value

As to sound and controller. I use NRage's latest for controller and Azimer's 0.40 for sound. I would try out Jabo's Direct Sound, but for some reason it makes 1964 hang and does not even show available in PJ :shrug:

I normally run Jabo's Direct3D 1.4 and rarely switch to anything else. I don't play as many games though or test them either.

And finally I use 1964 for the most part (due to some real nice speed improvements I have seen in 0.8.3), but still fire up PJ 1.5 from time to time.

OP
R

rickianblaster

My Hardware

doesn't matter. If you read the original post. I thought this could be helpful to every1. Not just me, so ppl list their favorite plug-ins, and their hardware. Then others can check this as a reference. It's not rocket science.

Thansk.

-Note: If that came out rude, sorry.???

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
For you...

Video: Jabo's Direct3D7 - It's fast and still the most accurate plug-in out there today. Jabo's Direct3D6 probably has less problems but is slower. 1964 OpenGL plug-in has serious speed but isn't as accurate at Jabo's plug-ins.

Sound: Azimer's 0.30 (Old Driver, 0.30 Rev 2.2 or 0.40 beta 2, whichever sounds better (e.g. skips less). Jabo's DirectSound may be worth a try too.

Controls: Jabo's DirectInput. No contest.

OP
R

rickianblaster

Kewl... I guess

Thanks guys. Obviously, ppl will always be oblivious to the point of this thread... Anyways, I appreciate the help.???