What's new

1964 news update.

luckys

What is the current RC# of 1964 and what is the status of the progress. I mean that, is it going to be a huge,big or a small list of features in the new version of the 1964 emu?.(I think that this is what we all want to know in this forum for every upcoming emu)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
the RC no. is very high, lol, something in the double figures. if anythign this release is aiming to iron out all the bugs and i guess its taken longer than expected. release should be soonish, compatibility has increased too.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
I wanna have it!!!! *gnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*
*jumpoutofthewindow*
*getsbacktothepctowait"patiently"forthenew1964*
;)

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I would hazard a guess that if Rice or Schibo didn't know about PJ64 they would probably have delayed their release to check the compatibility with the plugin!!!

crhylove

Banned
that may be a good guess grant, who knows maybe rice is still working on a gfx plugin based on the daedelus source to include with the emu too, how sweet would that be?

/me idly speculates and hopes nobody is too pissed off.

rhy

sk8bloke22

roll for life
wat bugs are u talking about, this plugin is the closest thing to a complete plugin we're gonna get for a while. granted other plugins may run other 'non-emulated# games better, but no plugin is overall as compatible as Jabo's D3D 1.5 .

karth95

Lord of the Cats
um, random freezes in the middle of games. it kind of pauses here and there in the middle of the game, then resumes. sometimes it doesn't resume. All I really meant was that they may not want to use jabo's 1.5 as the basis of all stability testing.
--Karth

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
karth95 said:
um, random freezes in the middle of games. it kind of pauses here and there in the middle of the game, then resumes. sometimes it doesn't resume. All I really meant was that they may not want to use jabo's 1.5 as the basis of all stability testing.
--Karth

Thats why they Have RC beta... To check for any errors that may have been left behind... Beta testersplay with the emu like a normal user & report any errors to schibo or Rice...

jollyrancher

I do wonder about all these "Release Candidates" betas because no matter how many you have there are still going to be "bugs" (emulation glitches) in N64 emulators for quite some time. But it probably was a good idea to recall 0.8.3 just because it froze alot of people's computers.

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
karth95 said:
--Karth

If you really dont like 1.5 then go to 1.4. Its not THAT different (At least when I tested it). And yea, Jabo's D3D plugin is closest to a complete plugin.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Where did I say I don't like 1.5? I said it had some issues. The PJ team feels like these are rather severe issues. Having done testing, I certainly wouldn't feel 100% ok with using a piece of software that I know the authors have some issues with (beyond the normal not quite finished features or very minor bugs) to test on. How would you feel about testing a plugin on .83c? On some computers, it runs great. On others, it bombs out. The authors of PJ haven't recalled it (jabo's 1.5), but they are certainly thinking about a way to fix it asap.

As to RC status, it's a good thing. it means the author feels that it's stable enough to not die on the average gaming session. It doesn't mean it's bug free, or has 100% feature compatibility. Companies (say, microsoft) release product all the time without 100% of the bugs fixed. Sometimes they can number in the thousands, but that doesn't mean it won't work just fine for the majority of users. (Plus microsoft knows they can always release a Service Pack, which usually means more people will adopt the product due to a perception of it being more completly tested.)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
well, in the 1964 im using theres no pauses. it could just be more not noticing it, or something thats been fixed.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Snake785 said:
karth95 said:
--Karth

If you really dont like 1.5 then go to 1.4. Its not THAT different (At least when I tested it). And yea, Jabo's D3D plugin is closest to a complete plugin.

Definatly, kinda like the petes GPU plugin, but for n64 emulation :)

Stez

lasly

Joe Silvera
actual status : RC 12

Build is pretty stable , some minor bugs

A release will be planned when it will ready ! :)

Rice is no longer worling on daedalus plugs as he told in in official annoncment.

Schibo is Worling a LOTTTTTTTTTTT , thx him

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I said PJ, with Jabo's 1.5 Graphics plugin. if there are no pauses with Jabo's 1.5 in 1964, then obviously Schibo is doing something that the PJ team isn't doing.
--Edit:
Well, actually, I didn't say PJ with 1.5, I just said 1.5. So I'm gonna eat my words rather than edit them away.

--Karth

Last edited:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yeh, pretty much summed up by lasly. and definitely thank schibo, dunno how he is able to do so much in the time he has. and definitely thank Duncan, the amount of testing in the .ini must be ridiculous.

well, as ive said, ive not noticed any pauses, i did in pj64, but it didnt affect me so much, dunno why, just didnt.

R

rico001

plugins

The jabo d3d 1.3 and 1.2b work good, I had to turned AGP off
for the directx control panel and that helped show explosions.
1.2b is fast.

The longer wait the better!