What's new

1964 Netplay

Edgame

I´m having trouble with the Netplay mode of 1964.
I´ve played Mario Party with my friend, and it worked fine, even with 60 fps for the first 10 turns. But after thar the game lost sync ( we had different games after that point) and never worked online again. I´ve tried Mario Kart and Mario Tennis too, but these games never got sync.
What´s going wrong?
Can someone help me, please?

katon

What's the deal with cornnuts?
desync is common
it takes time to figure out why it happens
and requires modification on the emu part

Kiwi

If automatic frameskip is enabled in the emulator, try disabling it. I think there may be a bug there. I'm not able to test this myself.
I have tried netplay on my LAN earlier with automatic frameskip enabled, and it desynced.

knowitman

I would also try to run the games at a lower resolution. That would reduce the chance of the framerate dropping and causing a desynce.

dataangel

knowitman said:
I would also try to run the games at a lower resolution. That would reduce the chance of the framerate dropping and causing a desynce.

Perhaps the emulator should periodically pause the game, have one computer save state, resume, and then if there's a desync send the save state to the other player and both reload. It'd be more practical is save states weren't so large though :p