What's new

1964 keeps crashing...

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Lately, 1964 keeps crashing on me. I've been using it for a while and never had problems, but now it suddenly freezes while I'm playing. It happens very often with games like Master Quest, Majora's Mask, Mystical Ninja, Perfect Dark and Mario Party.

I can't play games that use MemPak without having to reboot the emulator every time I save, because, if I save and the emulator crash after that, every save I made since I started the emulator doesn't stay in the MemPak. Save states also doesn't work if I don't reboot the emulator before it crashes.

And apparentely, it isn't a plugin problem, I use the same plugins on Project64, without any problems.

tdg

Interesting. 1964 freaked out on me starting yesterday, although it's only when I try to load hires textures with Rice Video 6.1.1 beta10. I can use that plugin fine, if no hires textures are loaded. But if so, it will glitch visually then crash almost instantly.
All of this came out of nowhere, because my computer hasn't changed.
Did your problem come out of nowhere, or did anything in your environment change?

OP
Ma Chao

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
I didn't change anything on the configuration, it just started to crash out of the blue. And it happens with both Rice's Video 6.1.1 beta10 and Jabo's Direct3D, and both used to work fine on 1964. And Project64 seems to work well with those two plugins too (although Pj64 is kinda slow here, and Rice doesn't work so well in some games on Pj64)

Iconoclast

Do you have the speed limiter off, by chance?

You're right, however: 1964 tends to be a bit...unstable, and sometimes even buggy. I think it's worth the nice NetPlay and unique speed, though.

OP
Ma Chao

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
I think 1964 is better for netplay too, but most of the people use Pj64k. Nothing against Pj64k, but I think 1964 is better for netplay.

The speed limiter is always on, didn't even change this options (ever) in 1964.