What's new

1964 + Jabo's DirectSound working

ShadowFX

Guardian
I don't want to sound negative towards PJ64, because it still is an awesome and powerful emulator, but as soon as Jabo's DirectSound is working normally with 1964, I'm going to start using 1964 instead of PJ64 for a while. This is because of the annoying pauses I'm experiencing with the current PJ64.

schibo

Emulator Developer
All,

Not all emulators are designed the same. I addresed the reason why Jabo's DirectSound does not work in the current 1964 in the release notes. Without getting too technical, it is an incompatible implementation. You might recall that a certain old version (0.8.3) had suport for this plugin, but as a consequence it suffered from random freezes and slowdowns. This was due in part to us changing 1964 a bit to make it compatible with this plugin.

Azimer is hard at work on a new HLE plugin. In the meantime, if you have a fast machine, you can use the rsp plugin with the basic audio plugin for better sound in games where audio skips.

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Hey schibo, 0.8.3 worked perfect for me
does this mean that i could use jabo's??
or was i just lucky???

Oh... btw great release and i cant wait for azi's audio..drool..;)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
If you really want to use a version that Schibo recalled, yes. You could use .83c with all of Jabo's plugins. It worked great for me, but .85 is much faster, and much more... smooth. I like it.

M

mark_ole

we know azimer is hard at work on his plugin, but WHEN is it likely to be due?