What's new

1964 INI thread (post here only about ini's!!!)

DSF

OK, thanx. If u have games that don't have any description poste'em here (like Custom robo)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yeh cheers. i hav custom robo v2, and that works fine (if u can read japanese). there arent many games that crash on the core out of what i hav.

lemme get a quick list:

Banjo-Tooie (E) [!]
Dark Rift (U) [!]
G.A.S.P! Fighter's NEXTream (E) [!]
Gauntlant Legends (U) [!]
GT64 (U) [!]
Resident Evil 2 (U) [!]
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron (U) [!] - i think this could be a jabo plugin error, sorry if it is...

Also turok crashes using Azimar's 0.30 Old Driver, but doesnt on REV2.2 . dunno if that core or plugin related, most probably plugin related.

3x3cUt0r

Soul Without Body
here is the new ini 0.7.4

changes in the ini:
Conker's Bad Fur Day - was working too fast and jerky now is working better
Yoshi's Story (E) [!] - now is almost playable (need better gfx support)
Rayman 2 - The Great Escape - exp.pack support
Knife Edge - Nose Gunner - work better in interpreter in dyna is too fast, now you can control the aim
World is Not Enough, The (U) [!] - exp.pack support
GoldenEye 007 - is working in the corect speed
F-Cup Maniax (J) [!] - no more gfx problems (fpu hack: no) :)
Hybrid Heaven (U) [!] - exp.pack support - was working too fast now is working better

and much more :1964:

zeus

I´m not sure about this but you might want to change the comment for Diddy Kong Racing (U) [!], it has a reference to a gfx plugin yet to be publically released.

Rice

Emulator Developer
A few questions

I am not complaining, but who is controlling the version number of INI, or we just release a new version and increase the version number automatically?

Some comments and suggestion:
expansion is not always good thing to turn on. And games are usually running faster with it off, so we probably need a better idea to have it on or off. For example, it must be on for zelda2, but it is totally unnecessary for Mario64.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: A few questions

Rice said:
I am not complaining, but who is controlling the version number of INI, or we just release a new version and increase the version number automatically?

Some comments and suggestion:
expansion is not always good thing to turn on. And games are usually running faster with it off, so we probably need a better idea to have it on or off. For example, it must be on for zelda2, but it is totally unnecessary for Mario64.

arent u the ultimate authority concerning versions? ???

about the expansion, thanks for the reply. I just got annoyed at fzerox's flashing message telling me to insert it:angry:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
oh, i made a mistake, custom robo's game name has no capitals its :

Game Name= custom robo

i thought i was suppose to put the alternate name there:blush:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
im liking the new ini. havent actually played any games yet. but it now has notes for nearly all my roms.

Eddy

I Run This
DSF, i changed my mind, after seeing the entries of you guy's ini, its about a 5kb difference, so yours has more entries, i want to help. I have about 1/5 of my roms without entries in you guy's ini, 1/5 is about 25 roms or maybe more, about 50, so let me know, and some comments need correction, alot of the games that say playable, arent.

DSF

Eddy said:
DSF, i changed my mind, after seeing the entries of you guy's ini, its about a 5kb difference, so yours has more entries, i want to help. I have about 1/5 of my roms without entries in you guy's ini, 1/5 is about 25 roms or maybe more, about 50, so let me know, and some comments need correction, alot of the games that say playable, arent.
so u're welcome , talk with 3x3cutor :)

Quvack

ok I'm a bit late in mentioning this but earlier people were talking about F-Zero not working properly with exp pack enabled... I know that when Azimer and Dominator got to a stage of looking at trying to get F-Zero running properly (in Apollo and SupraHLE respectively).. they found that F-Zero checks for the presence of a 64DD, because the 64DD has a disk with an F-Zero Addon on it, bringing more levels, etc... and this is what seems to mess up the normal expansion pack support when it comes to emulating this game.... well thats my crapping on for the day :) enjoy

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
unofficial ini

here is my contribution, it only adds sk8blocke22s sound + graphics comments,+some of my own, but i think it is worthwile to upload. b

btw can i join the team, can i can i can i;)

oh and i have 66 roms

Last edited:

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
what happened?

I asked you guys a while back if i could join the ini team... and i a response, i replied to it, and now im getting the silent treatment. was it something that i said? let me know, thanx.

crhylove

Banned
hey dogus, et al...

i don't know how to properly submit ini info or whatever.....

but here's my additions to the diff ini's i've got.

south park rally almost playable 32bit core yes (no sound test)
supercross almost playable 32bit yes
world cup 98 almost playable minor gfx issues 32 bit yes
super bowling not playable crashes
nfl blitz 2000 playable 32 bit yes
blues brothers 2000 playable 32 bit yes
center court tennis (e) playable 32 bit yes
f1 racing championship (e) playable 32 bit yes

Of course anyone with discrepencies is welcome to post them, i have kinda crappy equipment. :devil:

much love!

rhy

k-6 III ati xpert 128 jabo 1.4 d3d no sound 1964 .7.3 all roms (u) unless otherwise noted. all romz goodn checked.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
F-Zero

OK...maybe I´m just a stupid newbie...but I just can´t figure out, which ini is the best one...or are they just building up, so that it all started from the first posted one...???
:blush: ???