What's new

1964 DirectX problem

GFD_Luc

Hi. I just downloaded the 1964 emulator and a few games (Zelda OOT and Zelda MM), but when I try to play them, the emulators gives some problems.
It says: "Can not initialize DX8, check your Direct settings."

I have the newest version of 1964, version 0.9.9, and I have DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c).
I have a ATI RADEON powecolor 9200 videocard, and Windows XP proffesional as my opperating system.

Can anyone please help me with this problem?

Last edited:

Saten

I don’t know why some people with Radeon 9000 and up seem to have strange problems with this emulator. My brother has a 9600 and I have a 7000 witch works better with 1964. Anyway, I’m not an expert so all I can say is does the Rice plugin was set to To Fit Your Video Card? And did you left everything default without any enhancement? Because I tried both games with Rice 5.2 and it worked. Not so good but they where playable. The only thing I can suggest you so far is try Rice’s Video Plugin 6.1.0 for OoT and glN64 v0.4.1 for MM. These are the plugins I usually use and they work pretty fine for me. BTW if you ever have some sound bugs try Azimer’s HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 1 or Azimer’s HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2. I hope it will help you a little, at least enough to play these games.

OP
GFD_Luc

GFD_Luc

Were can I get those Azimer's HLE Audio plugins? Or is it forbiddin to ask this on this forum?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Saten said:
I don’t know why some people with Radeon 9000 and up seem to have strange problems with this emulator. My brother has a 9600 and I have a 7000 witch works better with 1964.

I never had that problem. I recommend the following:

1. Download the latest version of Rice's video plugin.

2. If playing Goldeneye 007, use Rice Video 5.50b2. (Because the trees in one of the levels don't look right no matter what with versions other than that one, even with the pixel shader combiner!)

OP
GFD_Luc

GFD_Luc

goddamnit, finally got everything work, and now the rom seems to be fucked up. So I downlaoded a new one, this time the Zelda - Ocarina of time USA v1.2, and now the emulator says: "Error to start video", "g_pRender is NULL". What the hell does that mean!??? And it doesn't only give that message for just that ROM, but for all ROMS I currently have, except for the Zelda - Ocarina of time USA v1.0 ROM. Can anyone PLEASE help me???

Last edited:
OP
GFD_Luc

GFD_Luc

Tillmann said:
try to use the newest ricevideo plugin...
change the plugin options to use the opengl api...
:)

hmm the ROMS seem to work now but the emulator keeps crashing 0_o. Wich is weird because my computer is not the best I've ever seen, but it runs games like Need for speed Underground 2 at the highest resolution and best graphics flawless, so how come it keeps crashing when I just run a N64 emulator? Mario seems to work fine now, but Zelda doesn't, it keeps crashing! What do I do about it?

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Maybe ure computer doesn't like the plugins you're using. Try changing video plugin to glN64 0.4.1, it worked great with my 9200. You'll have to find the right plugins for ure computer. Hehe it took me 2 months to find the perfect plugins and emulator for my comp. BTW how the hell can you run NFSU2 with flawless graphics and the best looking graphics? No way that you can do that with a radeon 9200