What's new

1964 crashing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
(There was a topic on this that I responded to earlier today, but it mysteriously disappeared. Anyone know what happened to it?)

I've been having a problem lately with 1964 (on W98 SE). Every time I re-open it, it has a GPF, and it freezes the computer up, forcing a reset. Often, it affects other programs as well (such as Gens or VisualBoy Advance). Now, as what was previously stated, it's a problem with the video plugins not shuting off properly. And, as was suggested, I updated Windows 98 and my Detonator drivers (well, they were already updated), and I think updated the MSVC DLL's as well. However, I still have this crashing problem. Anyone care to help explain why it's not working still? I'm beginning to suspect it's an interaction problem between 1964 and Windows 98, or something to do with its registry file.

Edit: oops, forgot specs:
PIII 733e
128 megs PC133 SDRAM
OEM nVidia GeForce 2 GTS (Detontator drivers 4.20.01.4120)
OEM Sound Blaster Live! Value (Live!Ware 3)
Windows 98 SE (with Internet Explorer 5.0 (I'll be getting 6.0 soon, I just use Mozilla instead anyway))
1964 v. .8.5
All plugins up-to-date (Jabo's, Zilmar's, Azimer's, n-Rage's, Rice's, and TR64 OGL)

Last edited:

jack

I notice that 1964 is very crash prone. When I first used 1964, it crashed constantly. Eventually I discovered that making rom/plugin changes can increase crashing frequency. Therefore whenever I make changes to anything, I always quit completely and reopen. I haven't experience as much crash as before by doing this.

leizar

I had the same problem as you and I managed to fix it.
I think the problem is about the drivers of your video card (I have a nVidia TNT2). It begun to appen to me when I installed the 41.09 drivers.
Here's how I fixed it:
Control Panel -> Nvidia nView Desktop menager
and then simply check th "Nview Desktop Menager" option.
I don't know what it did but now I don't have the problem anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.