What's new

1964 0.9.9 Source

Acid_1

*nux fan
Can't find on homepage/sourceforge. Does anyone know where I could find it? I tried googling, however, I still couldn't :'(
Also, is this project still alive?:canadian:

- - -:pacman:

smcd

Unfortunately I do not think it was ever released? (which is kind of odd considering the license, gpl) I could be incredibly wrong, though!

EDIT: Appears I could indeed be incorrect - 0.8.5 was gpl'd but 0.9.9 doesn't include the gpl license (copying.txt) so they could have changed the license... but the 0.9.9 help file says it is released under the gpl, so who knows?! :p

Last edited:
OP
A

Acid_1

*nux fan
I don't believe you need to release the GPL license, but highly recommended. But if it's GPLed in the readme, it's only valid if the source is released.:canadian: :paperbag:

smcd

You might try sending schibo a PM on here and politely request the source per GPL licensing guidelines? It's worth a shot I suppose

OP
A

Acid_1

*nux fan
I PMed him earlier asking where I could find it, but I'll ask per GPL this time. Also, is this project dead. Just there's been no progress (AFAIK) since 04 or 05. So, ya...

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Yes, It is illegal that they did not release the 0.9.9 source as it derives from a GPL version and binaries were released. I seriously doubt they managed to get all developers in on the switch and then forgot to take the license out of the installer and help file.

So, why hasn't anything been said? Things have been said. I forget the last time it was discussed, but I think the reason source was not released was due to a conflict and people just stopped asking. The bottom line is, people aren't bothering them most likely because of the work they've done for the emuscene.

OP
A

Acid_1

*nux fan
ok, i sent a messag to schibo.
I'm just wondering where your source is. If it's under GPL it needs to be released in order for your license to be valid.:p

I also sent one to rice:
Hi. I'd just like to get a hold of the source to 1964 .9.9. However, I cannot find it. Would you please direct to where I could find it. I tried PMing Schibo, but I'm not getting a reply. Also, I have to ask, is 1964 dead, or just in hiatus?:canadian:

Hopefully it works out.

jdsony

There is some old information regarding this if you search back through the forums. You're discouraged from contacting them. Apparently there are some contractual obligations that prevent the release of the source. I don't know any of the interesting details though.

SubCog

Yes, It is illegal that they did not release the 0.9.9 source as it derives from a GPL version and binaries were released. I seriously doubt they managed to get all developers in on the switch and then forgot to take the license out of the installer and help file.

So, why hasn't anything been said? Things have been said. I forget the last time it was discussed, but I think the reason source was not released was due to a conflict and people just stopped asking. The bottom line is, people aren't bothering them most likely because of the work they've done for the emuscene.

so I assume you still havn't gotten a response?

X-Fi6

Schibo and Rice haven't been on EmuTalk in ages. And I remember a post like this from a while back where Schibo just happened to be on and said under contract they were not allowed to release the source code. The talking of 1964 was to be very secretive and most information could not be released to the public.

And yes he did say development has been on hold for a long time and he said it is possible for it to continue and it probably will but nobody knows when.