What's new

Your first time

Martin

Administrator
Remote said:
Seems like a long time ago but probaly a early version of nesticle or snes9x, uhle was what got me hooked although...
Those aren't N64 emulators. :p

vleespet

The decent one
I still remember the Plasma demo running on PUR at my 486dx4 100 mhz, and the wonderful feeling I had at the moment that Mortal Kombat Trilogy showed its first startup screen.

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
me.....
my first emu was... bleem
then zsnes
and so n64 (uhle) on p3 450 mhz
exciting memories :p
been upgrding a lot tho..... still crappy gfx card i guess :(
hope i get a new one later hehe :D

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
the first emu I used was Genecyst, of course now i use Gens...

The first N64 emu I used was Ultrahle, though i could never get it to work at the time ;), the first N64 emu I actually played a game on was Corn, with Mario 64 :p

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
The first emu I got into was... snes9x I believe. Just after I got my first computer in many years (I think it was 98'). Don't remember what version it was, but I got it mainly for playing Final Fantasy II (which, at the time, was not even close to perfect). Soon after that I got into Nes. :)

linemu

My first emulator was... ZSNES! I love that thing! It came with my SuSE linux distribution, so naturally installed it. I was very skeptical at the time, and I wondered "is this thing actually going to run any games?". When tried Donkey Kong Country my jaw dropped to the floor. "Oh My GOSH I Can play DK on my COMPUTER!!". ZSNES is still my favorite emulator.. I have never had a game that DIDN't work on it! Of course SNES is one of my fav. nintendo systems though.... (that thing had SOOO many awesome RPG'S) ;)

my first N64 emulator was Corn... I ran it on our windows computer that had crappy integrated graphics though.... but I was sort of awestruck that it could run the title screen of majora's mask. But the first n64 emu that I've really liked is mupen64, I can run it on my linux computer (which has a graphics card), and compatibility seems pretty good. But of course I'm still eagerly awaiting a Dyna-Rec. :D

Last edited:

ShadowFX

Guardian
I first used UltraHLE 1.0.0 to play Super Mario 64. My PC specs back then was an old Dell computer, 333 MHz and a graphics card called STB Velocity 128 (4MB RAM). Used a Glide unwrapper to be able to use the emu).

Hehe, I still have the computer though, build it's been turned into a server since then :)

vleespet

The decent one
We all remember the legendary emulators like Ultrahle, Corn, Project64, Nemu and more, but does anyone remember N64vm, Pagan, Blade64 and Sunset?

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Project 64 1.5, on my current rig, i only got into it because I wanted to play smash bros. then realized how awesome N64 was really and ended up working my way up to a full US set.

My95ZR2

My first emu was an old copy of No$GB playing tetris. Yeah, I had a gameboy, but when I found out that I could actually play them on the computer without having to buy them I fainted. It was about 97 when I got hooked on this stuff. Since then, I've gotten decently educated about it, and it always amazes my friends that I can do this type of stuff :p

Adam

Zuzma

I remeber sunset kinda.. wern't they working on another one called moonrise?? Also wasn't blade64 a recompile of another emulator??

Last edited:

vleespet

The decent one
Sunset was released in 2 different versions at one time (at least, the last release), which are both supporting different games, and AFAIK Blade64 wasn't a recompile of another emulator.

Gorxon

Administrator
Martin said:
PUR - Project UnReality - back in the 90s. Heh, seems like a long time ago. :)

Some long gone SNES emu was my first (before ZSNES was started)...but for N64 it was PUR. I was of course young/dumb enough to think that it ran commercial games, so I downloaded it (I didn't have internet at that time tho, had to download elsewhere... this was many years ago, hehe). And, of course it contained a virus. At that time I didn't have virus checker, nor had my dad, so most computers at home and at his small office got infected (he brought files from here to his office, thus they were infected). I stayed away from N64 emus for some time after that :p

vleespet

The decent one
I still remember that I tried running everything with PUR, but after I saw the N-logo of waverace I was satisfied, but not for long, because that's the place where the whole bussiness ends. Mortal Kombat did something similar, and if I remember right Rampage 2 too.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
oh man, i can't believe i missed this thread! i started with UltraHLE 1.0 myself... it never worked on my P133 with some 2mb ati card, so i just left it sitting there... then got myself a celery 566 and was playing smooth mario64, mariokart and zelda with that XGL200 wrapper =)

rcgamer

the old guy
the first emulator i tried was dega for the sms. it worked awesome and i have been hooked on emulation ever since. but of course i switched my sms emulator to mekaw.

Solidus777

Guy Who Does Stuff
Mine would have had to been after an old issue of MaximumPC (I think it's called something else now) had a whole section on emulation. Started with a computer too slow to run even SNES emus at decent speed (30 FPS on Zelda: LTTP), then got this new one, which runs everything at a full 60. I remember that the first time I tried, the emulation hadn't been developed (UltraHLE's beta was still the best thing out at the time), but my first was... I think Mario 64.

L

Lachp30

A friend told me it was possible to play gameboy games on my computer - I did this with a 466, 12mb of RAM and with 1mb Graphics:p