What's new

Possible release date for 1964 0.9.9 ?!?!

OP
cozmo477477

cozmo477477

Ok thats cool, at the 1964 emu site <a href="http://1964emu.emulation64.com/"></a> it gives some info but not the release date, it says:

We are approaching our final release of 1964. It is likely that we will release 0.9.9 before the final 1.0.0 as a final beta. Here's some of what to expect:

- Jet Force Gemini support.
- Improved NetPlay.
- RidgeRacer bug finally fixed.
- New audio plugin.
- 99% of playable games now work in the faster 32bit core, including Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Banjo Tooie. The remaining games that are playable work in the 64bit core.
- Many new core enhancements and bug fixes, including SSE optimizations.
- A completely redesigned fpu for the dynarec that never needs to check the fpu mode at fpu opcodes.
- Donkey Kong 64 fixed. Core bugfixes fixed graphics issues with this game. It's fun!

im also new to these emulator's and still dont know how they work yet, i mean i have an idea but, it looks like i have some homework to do :geek: thanks for the help!

dukenukem

lord freiza
well welcome to the boards and don't forget to ask questions about emulator problems here and make sure you try out more than one emulator.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Cozmo, roms playing at full speed is a function of both the emulator and your computer. With an xp2100, (runs about 1.7ghz) I can get 30 FPS on nearly every game I have. 30fps is the norm for n64 games, so I do fairly well. When I use sound emulation, I get problems, but apparently everybody else does too. As for release dates, the authors typically don't give them. For some reason, the given release date suddenly coincides with finals, homework being due, family emergencies, or hurricanes.

scotty

The Great One
Cozmo, you should be fine when it come to playing an emulator for N64, your processor is fast enough, and you have a fairly decent graphics card for N64 emulation. I think thatyou should get regular speed for almost all games, but you might have difficulty with the 512MB games (ie. Conker's Bad Fur Day, Resident Evil 2) at full speed with perfect sound.

OP
cozmo477477

cozmo477477

Ok now i see a little clearer on how this works, so with my system i shouldnt have to many problems i guess.i have problems with some games even though 1964 says playable or (use plugin so and so etc.)
maybe you can relate to a few of the problems i have :

1964romlist.jpg

excitebike runs slow
gauntlet legends really slow
killer instinct gold slow
mario golf slow
mortal kombat trilogy slow
nascar 2000 slow

even with the recomended plugins any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply :1964:

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
cozmo477477 said:
excitebike runs slow
gauntlet legends really slow
killer instinct gold slow
mario golf slow
mortal kombat trilogy slow
nascar 2000 slow

Thanks for the reply :1964:

Mortal Kombat I know has always been known to be slow, as with KI GOld, I dont have the other ROMS, so i couldnt help you there, Check out PJ64, the common problems are listed aside of the game (ie. DK64 Core issues (hoped to be fixed in new 1964 when its released)), and other games listed as high system requirements, which you probably should be fine for

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Amazingly, you managed to pick the list of games that has the current highest amount of unsupported features. Some of these will probably be fixed in the new 1964. Some of those works really well with mupen64, as well.

pandamoan

Banned
karth95 said:
Amazingly, you managed to pick the list of games that has the current highest amount of unsupported features. Some of these will probably be fixed in the new 1964. Some of those works really well with mupen64, as well.

also, you should try the glide plugin... using that in 1964 mortal kombat plays almost perfectly for me, as well as some of the others.

jamie

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Just because it says It is playable does NOT mean that it will run at full speed, playable means it works. Mystical Ninja for example is playable with jabos but at a slow speed... however you can use rices dedalus plugin to solve that.

These things are either:

A) To do with the core, (yes, thats 1964)
B) to do with the video plugin, 99% of the time this is the case, its the video plugin that makes mystical ninja slow i know that for a certainty.

Never ask when the release is going to happen, nobody knows. plus the authors aren't likely to tell you either... be paitent the authors have more to worry about than just 1964. such as real life.

OP
cozmo477477

cozmo477477

Sayargh, yes patience is "my" virtue :beer: im just asking simple questions so i can be sure of certain of things since, this is the first time ive really asked anyone questions about emulators, games and what not.

as far as what i found about emulators on the internet which is more than enough, i thought asking for a release date on the 1964 was more than fair, considering the facts ive found :unsure:

as far as knowing real life matters, i do understand :naughty: these people are using their own free time to create and conduct a better emulator.

someday with these answers ill be able to answer somone else's confusion and curiosity.

Thank's :1964:

ciyinyde01

Starfox

ive been doinking around with starfox it plays fine with the plugins ive tryed but all seems darker then normal. ive tryed the ones that came with 1964 and jabos 1.4 and also the gln64 v .04 tryed some different stuff with everyone of them it seems all games are darker then normal for some reason? could someone tell me if there is a gamma option i unchecked or checked thanks

and ps how do i get my cpu spec on here like everyone else?

graphics card: nividia geforce 2 64 mb
processor: 1.2 pentium 3
system memory: 256
memory at start of emulation: 200 mb

thanks trotterwatch

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

To get your specs in your sig, simply go into your UserCP and enter the specs in your profile (in the boxes provided for you). It will then show up in your sig.

OP
cozmo477477

cozmo477477

ciyinyde01 said:
well my regular pc games are fine its just the emulated ones

<TABLE BORDER BGCOLOR="white" BORDERCOLOR="navy" WIDTH=100%>​
<TR>
<th>[FONT="times new roman" size="4"]Then its definantly the plugins your using.try to use these back and fourth to see which one works better Jabo's D3D6 and D3D7.zip just extract the dll files into your 1964 plugin folder and try them, these im sure will help you cause they work for me, oh and are you using 1964 v0.8.5?
[/FONT]</tr></th></table>

Last edited:

Lizard Blade

Please don't give download links for Jabo's plugins, they were meant to be bundled only with :pj64: , then copied into other emu plugin folders. It might be inconvenient, but those are the author's wishes, and Project64 is only a ~1MB download.

scotty

The Great One
Lizard Blade said:
Please don't give download links for Jabo's plugins, they were meant to be bundled only with :pj64: , then copied into other emu plugin folders. It might be inconvenient, but those are the author's wishes, and Project64 is only a ~1MB download.

I know that you are new to this board Cozmo, but Jabo wants his plugins to be distributed with PJ64, and no other means whatsoever, you have to download PJ64 to get them.

Whoevber is distributing them separately is not following the distribution rules