What's new

16:9 anamorph display

elchhome

Hi folks,

at the moment I enjoy to play N64 games with PJ64 1.6 at my laptop connected to my brand new Panasonic Plasma TV TH-42PV60E (16:9 format).
The problem is, that it has a native resolution of 1024x768, which means non square pixel!
Unfortunately only a view games support natively a 16:9 display mode. Is there a chance to get the rendering changed for 4:3 games?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I hate to say it, but... if your screen has a native resolution of a 4:3 resolution, then you're pretty much screwed. The screen itself will strech the pixels to match the resolution. IF you use a 16:9 resolution, however, it will look right, if enabling no stretching (does it exist in 1.6?).

OP
E

elchhome

Sure, I could use a 16:9 resolution like 1280x720, but then the panel is scaling it to fit the screen which results in a blurred picture in contradiction to the razor sharp at 1024x768.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, you made a poor investment. A 16:9 screen should not have a 4:3 native resolution. Unofrtunately, I know of no way to change it to the way you want. I would say it's pretty impossible because the monitor streches the resolution to fit the entire screen, and it IS a 4:3 resolution after all...