What's new

Version 0.8 (Windows 2000)

Jessica JM

My brother just got this N64 thing on his computer, which I'm amazed how well the graphics are and everything. I wanted to download it, and he told me it was Nemu64 ver. 0.8.

I have a Windows 2000, and haven't found anywhere where I can download it with my computer. So if you know of anywhere, please tell me, I really would like this n64 emulation thing on my computer!

-Jess

OP
Jessica JM

Jessica JM

Gah..found something and downloaded it, it was 1964 or something, though, but I don't think that mattered...

Since when I tried playing a game, it had no picture and for a few seconds my screen went black. The music in the background skipped terribly. My brother said I must not have enough memory or something for it. Is that it, or is it because of what I downloaded? I really wish it would work, my sister took the real n64, so I'm left with nothing but my computer.

Lemmy

Well this is a nemu board :) should ban those people that make advertisment for other emus here ;)

btw I think she is the first 12-year old girl in here

or first girl at all? heh

OP
Jessica JM

Jessica JM

Really? Well I don't mind that ^_^; I'm sort of a tomboy so yah know ;)

Anyway, enough of that. What's all this about my graphic card? What IS a graphic card, and where can I find it on my computer? And wait..GAH..this is so confusing X__x; So the reason it doesn't work on my computer isn't because of the computer itself, but more of the thing I downloaded, and that I may not have directx, which is required for this nemu64?

Trotterwatch

A graphics card is something your computer uses in order to display graphics - every computer has one. For an N64 emulator though you need a 3D Accelerator which is a graphics card that is able to process 3D graphics at a fast rate.

To find out what graphics card you have you can try:

Start>Run and type DXdiag
Go to the display tab, all you need to know will be there, once you have found the name post it here

If when you go to Start>Run and type Dxdiag and press enter nothing happens, then you will need to install Direct X downloadable from Microsofts site; http://www.microsoft.com/directx

OP
Jessica JM

Jessica JM

I have it! This is the information it gave me:

name - nVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64
chip type - NV5
DAC type - Integrated RAMDAC

Anything else? That's all the important stuff I found..or at least I think it's important X_x;

Last edited:
OP
Jessica JM

Jessica JM

Hmm..I think I already have directx..I did a run test or something earlier, so that all must be fine.

So so far the card I have is good.
I have the software for the program.
Yet nemu64 still isn't working.

What's the problem?

Btw..Fed, you look like this guy..in a movie..it's a book, The Outsiders, and we had to watch the video in class the other day..it's about these teens back where gangs and stuff were in. They used to wear there hair like that ^^; Ooh and the guy with his shirt off.. *mm*

Gorxon

Administrator
Well, afaik Nemu64 0.8 needs version DirectX 9. Thus you need to get that version....8 wont work. I hope this hasn't been said before...

If you're not going to play games like pokemon stadium or zelda majora's mask, and are very eager to try it out just download 0.7a too (get it at www.nemu.com or here at EmuTalk). Of course 0.8 is much better, but 0.7a sure works like a charm too on most games.

OP
Jessica JM

Jessica JM

Thanks, Feddy ^^;

Oi!! Look at this face! :doh: THAT'S SO CUTE! Anyway, back to this.

All I want to know is why my computer isn't proccessing this nemu64 thing. I've already given my card number, and someone already said I should update it by that website, but I don't know what to download and everything :doh: I'm new to this stuff, okay? And then someone else says now I need to download this new version of DirectX. Is that all REQUIRED? Please tell me what I really REALLY need before you say things that are optional, ie better card, better software, etc.

EDIT: I have just downloaded DirectX 9.0a. Then it said end-user runtime. What's that supposed to mean? Well anyway, so do I really need to update my card? And if so, please guide me through the steps O__o;

Last edited: