What's new

1.4 / 1.5 help

DragonFire

System specs first:

Amd XP 2000+ @ 1850Mhz

512megs of ram

GeForce3 using 42.70 drivers.

Now a lot of you are going to say right off the bat that these problems were anwserd else where as soon as I list the game titles but my problem is differnet.

In both versions of Project64 I encounter the following problem with Turok, Turok2, and the simple game monoploy64.

I'll be playing any on of these games when the video just stops, the sound / music is still going but no video. Now when it comes to Turok 1 & 2......no my screen is not going black, I can still see everything I was looking at before the video stopped. I ended up having to close Project64 and starting all over because a simple reset does nothing but give me a black screen then. The most annoying part which mainly happens in Turok is that no sooner do I load my saved game, the video stops right off the bat.

Any ideas?

returno

Did you check your ROM?

Please, when you post you really should say this:

"And I checked the ROM with the good tool and it was OK."

If you don't say (and do) that, you will get idiotic replies like this:

Did you check your ROM?

OP
D

DragonFire

What was the sense in even replying? Im ask for help about a problem that Im starting to think is a video plugin problem and all you can do is say search the forms?

you think Perhaps Iv tired that?

Anyways for anyone that can be more useful.

Turok2 will not play at all under 1.5, get nothing but a black screen and the FPS counter jumps all over the place. Other fixes on this board for the black screen problem doesnt work and yes the freaking rom is good since it plays fine under 1.4, however Turok 1 radomly pauses for good in both versions and the save state ends up having the problem no matter like I posted to begine with.

The only game that doesnt give me to many problems is Starfox 64 tho when looking at the map that shows your path, it slows down to a crawl and the audio is very bad but I know that is a known problem.

Iv tired differnet video drivers, yes I was overclocking but it does it even when Im not....

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
What was the sense in even replying? Im ask for help about a problem that Im starting to think is a video plugin problem and all you can do is say search the forms?

you think Perhaps Iv tired that?
I didn't you had done it because many don't.