What's new

0.5 problems in linux

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
now i'm guessing this is a install problem sisce i dont know how to install on linux so i just put everything on the desktop but...

when i go to the plugins it will let me confuigere the input but not the vidio or audio

when i click it it just sits there

also will 0.5 load roms still in .z64 form or do you have to extract them?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It'll read z64 format

do you have chosen video and audio plugins ? Also, when something doesn't work well on linux, it's always better to run it in a console : maybe it'll print some informations about what's going wrong....

OP
Z

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
yes i chose the plugins

and by consold do you mean run the game on a actual n64 deck or on a command line thingy?

(btw in case you didnt notice i dont know anything about linux(i deleted windows when i installed it)so you might have to exsplain things out for me)

GameboyHippo

By console, he means a linux terminal. To get a terminal open, press Alt+F2 and type in gnome-terminal. Also, you can try running mupen64 as root. That will fix some problems usually.

OP
Z

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
tried it in term

wont open it (it just sits there)

maybe its linux?

maybe slackware whold do better?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
no, i'm almost sure you're install is ok, but i've the feeling you have so little knowledge of linux basis that it's hard to understand what's your problem is...

but let's start with some basic things (don't be offended if you already know that):
- it's very important to know the basic terminal commands on linux, it'll help you in many ways ;)
- to change the current folder : "cd name_of_the_folder"
- to launch an application in the current folder : "./name_of_the_application"

Be sure to be in the folder you have installed mupen64 to and do a ./mupen64

And if the game run really really slow, don't worry, that'll probably be because you haven't installed you video drivers ;)

OP
Z

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
cool

btw you got a link for those drivers?(i kow there probly in the manual but i cant get to it at the moment)

OP
Z

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
hmm wonder why my system specks arent there?

its a geforce 6600gt

i checked nvidia.com but i cant find it

zeeky, take a look at the README from NVIDIA. It's no SO easy to install the drivers by yourself if you don't know some basic things.

If i were you, I'd ask for help on irc or something.

OP
Z

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
i've installed drivers before just not in linux

i'm guessing its relitively the same