What's new

0.25 0.25.6.5 0.25.7 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

adwin

1: Well, I've been looking around for some news and looks like there are new versions of chankast out.
I have found 0.25.6.5, 0.25.7 and 0.25.7.1beta3.
Either they are dev versions, or just some hacks or wrappers.
2: Nowadays, most of the emus get a linux port. It would be nice to have chankast join the league of PCSX, ePSXe, PCSX2, Mupen64, zsnes, SNES9x, MAME, etc...
An interpreter of ISO / CDI / CCD files would be nice too. It's just a few tens lines of code, but I won't have to link my /mnt to a /dev/hdx

Hope to help you guys too with some testing, especially for the linux platform.
The test machine is running Gentoo Linux x86_64, and has a 32bit chroot too.
I can also test any 64bit ports on winxx if you will be making them.
It would be nice to have access to those additional 32 registers.
;]

Haruspex

I just found it via google.I will do not provide a direct link because i dont know if its allowed here.Just google this (it took me about 5mins to find it)

But i guess its nothing.Its just a hacked version.I dont even test it yet.But the creators say that works on even lower power pcs.

OP
A

adwin

Well, I don't know about the "lower requirements part".
The games run well on my dual opteron box.
;]
Anyway, direct linking is not allowed. Just do a google search for chankast 0.25.6 or message me, I'll put it up on my DC hub or on my FTP server.
But still, I'd wait for some official release.
The 0.25.6 is no fun. You can't move the window ingame, etc...
I think they just integrated functions from the Chankast Frontend2 to the main bin.

Trotterwatch

This is the version that has been floating around for a while. Definately not official, and doesn't add anything corewise AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.