What's new

My future computer for emulate GC =)

yoh_asakura

Hi friends Im going to buy a P4 Extreme edition 3.4/800 with HT and 4gb of ram with a ati radeon xt850 agp 8x :p .... So I can emulate pefectly the GC? :huh:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
You will not be able to find a PC fast enough to emulate the Gamecube using the current methods of emulation. Future Gamecube emulators will have more advanced recompilers and will be faster. It is now more of a waiting game until furthur development takes place and speed increases.

Clements

I echo what has already been said, the requirements of Dolphin fluctuate with each release, so it's not known what sort of system will be needed, so you're better off getting a real GC.

If you want a good system anyway get an Athlon FX-55 instead of the relative slow coach that is the Extremely Expensive Edition, and cut 2GB off that RAM for 6800 Ultra SLi. :p

Persephone

Azimer said:
Why spend that much money for a computer?

because people like to have something fast. why waiting 1 minute to unrar something if you can in 20 secs? especially when you have not much time. it's understandable.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Persephone said:
because people like to have something fast. why waiting 1 minute to unrar something if you can in 20 secs? especially when you have not much time. it's understandable.
No it's not. If you have any sense at all, you'd wait instead of spending $500 for a new system with the latest hi-tech.
And 20 seconds instead of a minute isn't much gain at all....
And do not understand WHY people wish to play the GC games on the computer, EVEN though some even own the cube... why? Emulation is more flawed than the cube atm, and there will be no gain on it...

Spacy

It's nice to see people support the hardware industry
This pushes the future ;)

It's not logical to buy a new PC for playing GameCube instead of buying a gc, but I think it's just the magic of having a possibility that no one else has.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I bought a P4 3.2ghz the other day along with a new board (not for GC, for speed purposes), Unfortunatly the bugger didn't work so I had to send it back for a replacement, just my luck heh... Still I agree, if all you want to do is play GC games why not buy a GC, much cheaper. Think about it... 3.4ghz Extreme is way more expensive.

Last edited:
OP
Y

yoh_asakura

The computer that Im going to buy is not for emulate GC, is for others things but I like play more in the PC because the pc I can do anything! and sorry for muy bad english is not my native language

Glenbo

Banned
simple best thing about emulation...i have 3 children and a wife...not easy to get time to play on consoles in my living room with the kids tele programs and the mrs whining...and after forking out £4000 on my tele im not gonna shut myself in the bedroom and play on a tv like a 10 year old...when i can have all my console needs right here..and noone to disturb me when playing...a dreamcast,gc,n64,snes,nes,megadrive,mastersystem,saturn,playstation all at my finger tips...no hassle..ideal to me.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
A cheaper alternative could be a TV card installed on the computer. At least for Gamecube/PS2/XBox. The other consoles emulate satisfactory on a decent machine. Though the whole concept of piracy steps in when you do not own the game for the console you are emulating. I realize some people don't care, I am one at times, but it's a fact.

Stezo2k

S-2K
ScottJC said:
I bought a P4 3.2ghz the other day along with a new board (not for GC, for speed purposes), Unfortunatly the bugger didn't work so I had to send it back for a replacement, just my luck heh... Still I agree, if all you want to do is play GC games why not buy a GC, much cheaper. Think about it... 3.4ghz Extreme is way more expensive.
To be honest a P4 3.2 wouldn't offer too much of a speed increase from your current setup (especially in Windows itself)

If you're going to upgrade, make sure it's X64 compatible, that way you aint waisting your money if you want the new Windows OS

Dogman5

----------
Dont even bother going with a P4 EE that will cost you over $1,000, when AMD 64 s754 chips that can be had for under $200 can hang with them in the benchmarks.

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
Here's the way I look at this, the reason this person wants to play the Gamecube on the PC is the same reason we all want to play the emulators of the systems on the PC whether they be old systems or the new ones, you can't beat the graphic quality of what a great PC can deliver to these classic and current games on the emulators. Using the different options of HQ2,3,and 4X on old NES, SNES, GENESIS, and N64 games make it so much clearer compared to on a television, even one with HD compabilities still usually don't match a PC screen. I know that is the reason I perfer using emulators rather than the original systems.

OP
Y

yoh_asakura

Dogman5 said:
Dont even bother going with a P4 EE that will cost you over $1,000, when AMD 64 s754 chips that can be had for under $200 can hang with them in the benchmarks.

Oh sorry but I love the intel company because the quality of this procesosr and motherboards are so good and never as going to burn itself