What's new

Missing dissolve and camera lens effect.

zeldamaster

It says [video] missing dissolve effect next to all my roms and for Perfect Dark it says [video] missing camera lens effect. And in all my games, the text is white instead of black (or the background is light grey instead of black) and in Perfect Dark when I use my Cam Spy I can't see anything. Am I missing a file/plugin? Thanks.

OP
Z

zeldamaster

Oh OK. What about the missing dissolve effect thing? It makes Mario's head on Maro 64 BLACK at the beginning! Looks like Metal Mario if you ask me...

Allnatural

The dissolve effect can be seen (or rather, not be seen) when you open the door to the first Bowser stage. The picture is supposed to begin with Peach's head and fade to Bowser's as you get closer.

gokuss4

Meh...
has to do with trilinear filtering :p and LOD Bias stuff.

/me thanks dave for teaching me some graphics stuff. ;)

Stezo2k

S-2K
zeldamaster said:
Oh OK. What about the missing dissolve effect thing? It makes Mario's head on Maro 64 BLACK at the beginning! Looks like Metal Mario if you ask me...

get new graphics card drivers or get a new video card, say something from the geforce series :)

Stez

Anchel

The Xpaniard
That's funny...
I was playing Perfect Dark and then saw that the camspy somehow WORKED! I came here to say about it, and find that just TODAY you've already posted about it :D

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah you don't actually get the lens effect do you (the FOV/distortion). But yeah i can probably up the status from Issues (plugin) to Compatible, with the note.

Last edited:

RJA

The PC Wiz
WARNING, SMIFF

I have indentified a major issue that some Jabo's gfx 1.5 features
may *REQUIRE* a GeForce 3+

Includes, but not limited to Nayru's love magic shield.

Thus, Camspy may be black and fail to render with a
GeForce 2 MX (!)

You must check the two issues, Jabo and Smiff.:cry:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yah yah we know.. it's not an issue, its correct. GF1/2 are in the validate path now, they can't do the most advanced blending.

RJA

The PC Wiz
Smiff, that means I need to cough up almost $300+ bucks for GeForce 3?

I hope not.

Otherwise, I may have to tell Jabo to go the Jabo D3D 7 1.4 like way, but fixing the major issues that Jabo's gfx 1.4 has?

iq_132

Banned
Re: WARNING, SMIFF

RJA said:
I have indentified a major issue that some Jabo's gfx 1.5 features
may *REQUIRE* a GeForce 3+

Includes, but not limited to Nayru's love magic shield.

Thus, Camspy may be black and fail to render with a
GeForce 2 MX (!)

You must check the two issues, Jabo and Smiff.:cry:

So I wasn't on crack when I said it had issues!!!!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
What? v1.5 is a progression from v1.4.. we (Jabo, me) are very happy with it... certainly not going back.

jombee

As far as I can tell 1.5 is much better than 1.4 in just about every game. If only the pausing issue could be solved, it would be almost perfect.