What's new

Maximum Requirements?

Eagle

aka Alshain
Umm, we really don't rate them by individual games. We give minimum requirements for the emulator, but several games such as Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, DKR, etc. run slowly due to the fact that the PC processors are of different design and must be extremely fast to keep up.

OP
G

garboy

Some One
So will these specs. make those games run smooth?
GeForce2 Ti 64mb
AMD AthlonXP 1.5ghz
512MB SDRAM
60GB Hard drive

By the way...does ram effect speed?

Rasmus

Banned
I heard of people having trouble running games, on 1700 mhz processors, so I don't think you meet the highest spec... sorry

and lots of RAM makes games run more smooth, 256 MB is recommended, but more is good if you want to have other programs running while playing :)

sya64

Rom Finder #-Z
garboy said:
So will these specs. make those games run smooth?
GeForce2 Ti 64mb
AMD AthlonXP 1.5ghz
512MB SDRAM
60GB Hard drive

By the way...does ram effect speed?

Install pj64 v1.5[beta1] and read the minimum and recommend requirement:thumbsup:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If that's an Athlon, it should run pretty much all games smooth. And for the qestion of ram: yes, it does affect speed.
Too little ram and too high processor speed will result in bad performance. You should get at least 512 mb ram for your processor.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
james.miller said:
i have a athlon xp1800+ and 256 mb ram and a geforce 4 440 and perfect dark is still slow in places

you can always make something run slow, it doesn't necessarily mean that isn't a high enough system spec.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
if a game slows down in places where it shouldnt, no matter how the emulator is configured, then the system obviously isnt fast enough

Smiff

Emutalk Member
isn't fast enough for that configuration, but the point of configuration options are that you can configure them, instead of changing hardware or software... it's impossible to give a maximum requirement, since there are too many factors to take into account... even more so than with a minimum requirement... so we just state a recommended system which will be good enough for most people who read the manual... this is normal for any software, read a few game boxes if you don't believe me.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
i dont think a 'maximum' will be found any time soon with current hardware.
anyway - how many people do you know are saticfied when running software on a minumum speck pc. The minumum spec for win 98 was a 486 - could you live with windows on a 486? i dont think so

Smiff

Emutalk Member
what are you talking about... I wrote the min and rec. spec... this is not some big corporation trying to sell you product... i didn't just make those numbers up either :innocent:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
what i mean is that i dont know anybody who is saticfied with software on minumum OR recommended spec machines - whever its games or anything else. if i use software and its slow or jerky - then the machine just isnt fast enongh. im not diggng at you - or the software for that matter. PJ64 is THE best emulator bar none.

soylapolla

im not agree with u james.miller. Pj64 is a good emulator, even if its slow with some comercial rom's. Have you seen a dreamcast emulator or a PS2 emutator running a comercial game?????? They hardly runs demos!!!!!! So if u want to play well perfectdark or goldeneye, buy the N64. honestly i dont recommend u to buy N64, its better to buy GAMECUBE

Pentium4 1600
nvidia geforce2 mx
128mb ram
SB live! 5.1

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
thats not what im saying. Im saying that pj64 is the fastest. you just need some serious hardware for it to reach its full potential. and yes i do have an n64 (from hong-kong that plays american games which are faster than games from europe. gamecube? no. i dont think ill bother with one of them!

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
james.miller said:
thats not what im saying. Im saying that pj64 is the fastest. you just need some serious hardware for it to reach its full potential.

Not Really... I Own a 500Mhz and I still Get the best out of PJ64... :happy:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
yeah right.i'll believe that when i see it. my pc can reach 150fps+ on perfect dark but comes to a full stop at some points - and you say a 500mhz is all that is needed? i used to have a 650p3 and that was nowhere near good enough

AwesomeJohnDude

my computer is so fast when i run project 64 , i have to run these programs , just to get it to SLOW DOWN ! :

Kazaa
Aimster
Morpheus
AOL

and I also have to run Cpukiller .......