What's new

which of these emus are now useless for most users?

Which of these emulators are _currently_ useless for the _majority_ of users?

• Corn

Votes: 43 76.8%
  • Daedalus

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Nemu

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • TR64

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • UltraHLE

Votes: 26 46.4%

• Total voters

Smiff

Emutalk Member
tell me what you think (note: this is nothing personal against authors etc. purely from users' POV).
thanks

Martin

Administrator
Just one thing Smiff, the link from your site to this thread doesn't work.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
u should put apollo, pj and 19 just for completion.

u never know what people really think/use

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well yeah but apollo was never "mainstream" and even if people said they don't use PJ/19-64 you'd have to prise them from my cold, dead hands.

mesman00

What's that...?
i say ultraHLE and corn can go, daudulus (however u spell it) if you prefer, TR64 and Nemu should stay though, as they are still well used, specially Nemu.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
who is using TR64 & Nemu, and what for? (serious q., not piss-take)

Duncan

N64 Addict
I dont think theres much hope of Corn coming back from the dead., and UltraHLE has had its time, and dont think RM will release the latest version, ever.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hmm

Fushigi no Dungeon - Furai no Shiren 2
Getter Love!! Cho Renai Party Game (J)
Kobe Bryant's NBA Courtside
NBA Courtside 2 (
NBA In the Zone 2000 (
Polaris Sno Cross
Power League Baseball 64 (J) -
S.C.A.R.S. (U)
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (J) -
Wayne Gretzkys 3d Hockey (
WCW Nitro (

none of those games strike me as working better in nemu than others off the top of my head.. get the impression olax is including nemu for the sake of it

sk8bloke22

roll for life
my version of NBA Courtside 2 does work probably best/ 2nd best on nemu cos its like hacked or sumthing...it at last works on 1964, and doesnt get anywhere on PJ64 (i know, i should just download a (U) [!], but hey im lazy).

flow``

flow``
personally, nemu is worth keeping in hopes of an 0.8 release eventually, even though it would cause you to re-do the whole section obviously.

corn could go, i think emu64 already has all the files and such if anyone would even want them.

ultrahle could probably go as well - again, emu64 has most of the files archived

although.. emu64 still has links to your support pages. even if you wish not to link to them on your front page, keeping the files there for recourse purposes would be nice

p.s., did you ever recover the trwin section?

daedalus is very worth keeping, strmn is still very active in the project.

trwin.. could go i guess, it never had much community support due to the .dat insteaed of ini format.

tr64 is still very worth keeping, if anyone (or anybody) ever got together to give it a good INI

flow``

flow``
obviously corn is the most "useless" for most users - due to the fact it doesnt work on 2k/xp, which is what most users nowadays use anyways.

i'm not sure how ultrahle performs on xp..
its compat is so low and no one seems to care since no one uses an "ideal" ultrahle pc, i.g. 300 mhz cpu, voodoo card, ect ect

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i'm not interested in keeping something because it might be useful in the future - i'll just put it back. also, the file archive is not the point, the point is keeping to just what's useful for the average person... but i could archive them since it's a nice fileserver for europeans + good to have a backup to emu64.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
btw flow i am using "useless" in it's literal def. - "lacking in use(s)"

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
recover the trwin section? shit did i say i was doing that? did someone want it?

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
My list from less used to most used:
UltraHLE (And SupraHLE)
Corn
TrWIN/64
Daedalus
Nemu/Apollo
PJ64/1964

:)