What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

MK 4 Retexture (some questions)

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
Hi, i am very new at this hole thing, but i will give a try.
Plz, i hope you guys can answer me some regular questions.

1. Which fornat should the new textures be? And can i change the names? Or it must have the same name as the original texture?

And which one i have to use as basic? There are more than one directory after dumping.

there is c_bmp, ci_bmp_with_pal_crc, ci_by_png, png_all and png_by_rgb_a.
So which is the right one?

I think ci_by_png and i can change the fodler but not the name of the texture, right?

2. i try to make new arrows, so i found some nice one with big deminsions like 200x200 the original one is 23x23- When i resize the new(200pixel) it looks very crapy whe i zoom it. Why? and how can i fix this?

i mean this. when i make the 200x to 23x and then zomm to 8x it looks so:

aaarg2.png

3. When i found a new good one tiletexture (exm. grass) so i have just to fit the color depth and size(pixel) for the new texture to the original one, or do something other? I heard something about double the pixel ???

So i hope of some useful answers, thati can present you some new graphics. And don't worry I am a very swift learner ;)

Last edited:
OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
So i tried all night long, but i think that is nice texture but not hi res, eh -.-

mk4hiresstagetilesek3.png

gitech

N64 Artist
Good goin' on getting started!

I will help with advice but I have to run NOW. Sorry.

Wouldn't it be cool if we all made characters of ourselves to put into a comunity game, and we could fight eachother! :)

Later,
Jay

OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
heh, thats sound funny ^^ thx fo the help, i am very new at this but not at general modding, i mode for jears falout, but thats an other story ;) So as i said/wrote. I think i have to doublerize the textures or cut one part from ist, and not just resize it to 64x64 (mk 4 tiles). But how this all process goes, is there a tutorila or something like that? I read modes tuts, but thats not what i am richt need i think.

Btw Rice tutorial have some problems in MK 4. Like the rain or power effects (fireball, etc.). I really hope for a fix. I love MK 4. and yes, of course i could use the Pc version. But i love N64 so much ;)

So thanks dear community and i hope of some help.

Greets
Mr.Wolna

microdev

2. i try to make new arrows, so i found some nice one with big deminsions like 200x200 the original one is 23x23- When i resize the new(200pixel) it looks very crapy whe i zoom it. Why? and how can i fix this?

i mean this. when i make the 200x to 23x and then zomm to 8x it looks so:

Without being a retexturer: You don't have to shrink you texture to 23x23 first and than resize it to 200x200. Your hires texture has to be 2x, 4x, 8x or 16x the size of the original one (means 46x46 or 92x92 or 184x184 etc.) and needs to have the same name. If you do it with Photoshop take care to delete the background layer otherwise it won't display.

OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
oh i know it ^^ Cause i did just size new textures to original^^

So step by step what i hve to do? i have the Original one, and one that i will use, that looks much better. I have to resize the new one to the double size ? but then its much bigger, do this fit still?

edit:

Ok i think now its hires, heh?

hirestilesag0.png

big thanks to mode7 and microdev for tell me about general retexturing.

still not that i want ---but better as the original one.

edit:

you know some good texture sites?

edit: 3 new textures for the shaolin stage.

1demoje3.png

Last edited:
OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
so what you think?

Original:

6025,mortalkombat4421HCB.png

Retextured (still W.I.P):

6024,mortalkombat43GAPBS.png

Last edited:

mode7

I already said it, nice work.
Impressive how fast you are learning.
Just one thing - you see the light in the middle? In the original there are little reflections on the walls you're walls just have one color.
I already gave you a tip you could try per PM.

Also try to match the color with the original texture by using color match (moderately)
Image-> Adjustments -> color match
(Bild -> Einstellungen -> Farbe anpassen gib als quellbild die orginal textur an, du musst sie öffnen oder in einem layer unter deiner neuen haben dann kannst du sie unten auswählen)

OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
Hi, i need some help with a little think.

First i make the object complete new with a tutorial, BUT then i found one other and colored it. and it looks just fabulous Ingame, so now i will try to fit the new one.
Look:

snakeeyemh1.png

Just a simple question. How i can chane this to an Snake eye. Like this:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb91/mckillroy/Snakeeye1copy.jpg

I mean how i can make the black round one to an elipse that it looks like an snake eye.

Last edited:

mode7

you will have to paint it in there
Also a snake eye does not have the white stuff around.

OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
Only to show that i am still working on this:

mortalkombat424jk9.png

thank smokey for help with the font!

Last edited:

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi Mr.Wolna,

Long time no see. How's it going?

This texture does not tile with itself very well as is. If you need it to tile properly let me know so I can fix it. :)

I am trying to upload the layered PSD file but I am having trouble. I have to restart my PC to install the megaupload manager first.

For now, here is the PNG I did for that texture for you:

sg1onl.jpg

Later,
Jay

Last edited:

gitech

N64 Artist
Ah, Finally! I had a major malfunction and had to update my GFX and MB drivers, re-activate my XP and AV and restart the PC like 10 times.

Do you want me to explain the process of getting the grass/moss on there. I noticed the original had some green spots on it. :)

Here's the PSD w/ PNG download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PFLH2YC0

It also has a handmade layer to create better separation between the rocks, like I do with all my textures that are like this. Check it out in the layers of the PSD.

I'll check yours out stef when you re-upload it. :)

Later,
Jay

OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
ahm, thanks but i cannot get it on my HD.

megaupload says the file isn't on the server. So you cann maybe upload again?

OP
M

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
yes, that'S one is working fine, ty

how you make the black lines?

Last edited: