What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

High-Rez OOT Item project.

Doommarine23

Zelda Texture Editor
New Updates on top

thelegendofzelda5jj9.png

thelegendofzelda9kw8.png

I know OOT has been done beyond death but I just wanted to put in my own ideas. :matrix: I'm doing most/all of the items (usable/pick ups). I'm not a texture god like Xeno so bare with me in that.

To be honest, I apply detailed textures to stuff and fix messed up parts. Don't worry tho, I don't just slap on a texture and call it a day.

I try all different ones, different effects with them, editing different parts with their own texture. (like the painted symbol on the kokiri shield).

This is what I got done so far.

sheldhighrezro2.jpg

Last edited:

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
I like it's sharp look, but I think this neon red doesn't fit that natural look of the shield.

OP
D

Doommarine23

Zelda Texture Editor
I admit it doesn't, I was thinking of like a glow on it to show power but nah. I'll make it non neon. :)

OP
D

Doommarine23

Zelda Texture Editor
Well, to be honest. What would it be? Remember, this isn't a magical item, it's a hand made shield sold in sweatshops for 20-40 rupees. :p

Seriously tho, all I could think of for that symbol is paint.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
If we are going for realism here, imagine how they would have really made this shield. They would have taken a rough piece of wood, cut and shaped it, then used some kind of paint/natural die/mud to paint the symbol.

Try to draw it free formed, and not look spray painted, unless you don't want to approach it that way.

OP
D

Doommarine23

Zelda Texture Editor
Alright, I will try that. Thanks for the advice.

(update is up :borg: )

Last edited:
OP
D

Doommarine23

Zelda Texture Editor
Shield back, you notice it more during gameplay/brighter lighting. (I think I will have to redo it tho, it's iffy in some parts)

OP
D

Doommarine23

Zelda Texture Editor
Sorry for no updates. I been busy on school, other mods and I don't think the textures I done for this are good enough yet. (You won't believe how hard it is to make the Hylian shield look nice!)