What's new

pj64 1.6, vista laptop, ATi Sempron Xpress 1150, Resident evil 2

Beaniehat

:bouncy: hello

can someone provide links for various good working graphic plugins for pj64?
I know glide64 works but my comp is not compatible for that and need an alternative. I know i have a fast enough computer to do this, I just need something to at least display right so it's at least playable.

OP
B

Beaniehat

not to smart with specs, but I know it will play at a fast speed as I've played games like doom 64, legend of zelda OoT and MM, and starcraft 64 and they all play at 60fps. any suggestions on anything to make reasident evil display right?

TOTMS

@squall_leonhart Stop being a ass, he is asking for help and your post hardly helps.

Presumably from your post you have a AMD Sempron processor (of some type) and an ATI Xpress 1150 graphics card. Its not brilliant but should be more than enough to emulate properly. It is most likely a specific problem with the rom dump? First of all, try a different graphics plug-in (not sure what to suggest - fairly new here) and if that does not help, verify it is a good dump by using a tool like goodrom.

Hope that helps :)

spartan

i just tried resident evil 2 myself, i didnt see any problems so as long as ur using jabos d3d8 1.6 and have a descent graphics card you shouldnt have a problem.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
@squall_leonhart Stop being a ass, he is asking for help and your post hardly helps.

Presumably from your post you have a AMD Sempron processor (of some type) and an ATI Xpress 1150 graphics card. Its not brilliant but should be more than enough to emulate properly. It is most likely a specific problem with the rom dump? First of all, try a different graphics plug-in (not sure what to suggest - fairly new here) and if that does not help, verify it is a good dump by using a tool like goodrom.

Hope that helps :)

Sod off monkeybones.

OP
B

Beaniehat

:sombrero: see, i knew i had a decent graphics card to play it on, but everything checks as a good rom and I've toyed around with a couple other plugins that performed horribly...anyway I'm trying to see if theres an alternative to glide64 because thats only one i was told that would work but its not compatible for me.:angry:

spartan

do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card? and jabos direct3D8 1.6 is the best video plugin.

OP
B

Beaniehat

well, i got this for christmas, and I just found the specs:

Inspiron 1501, AMD Mobile Sempron 3600+ (2.0 GHz/512KB)

ATi Raedon Xpress1150 w/256MB megamemory; 60GB harddrive

vista basic.

It performs almost every other game supurbly but RE2 displays in half the screen (in the window, fullscreen doesnt display) it also wont respond to my controller. I have a feeling that the graphics arent the problem it might be just a specific configuration but I could a guide for that.

I know a lot about psp emulation, but for a comp its very complicated for me. thanks:king:

spartan

type ati xpress1150(or whatever your graphics card is) on google and find the manufacturer's website and see if any new drivers are out for ur video card. and you say your contoller wont work? what kind of controller is it?

OP
B

Beaniehat

thanks for the link:flowers: its a foxconn controller in the shape of a ps2. it has analog and two different functions on how it operates. works for everything else except for this particular game.

spartan

thanks for the link:flowers: its a foxconn controller in the shape of a ps2. it has analog and two different functions on how it operates. works for everything else except for this particular game.

did you set the controls in the input plugin? if you did and it dosnt work try a different plugin.

OP
B

Beaniehat

i do notice a bug, which resets my configuration for the controller so that could be it, but even when the game stars it still wont respond. Im going to update the driver now and reconfigure other assets and give it a shot.

spartan

i do notice a bug, which resets my configuration for the controller so that could be it, but even when the game stars it still wont respond. Im going to update the driver now and reconfigure other assets and give it a shot.

ur configuration shouldnt reset or anything maybe you forgot to hit save after setting it.

OP
B

Beaniehat

i save everytime, its just an annoying bug. to be honest, this comp acts a little screwy and can be slow if more than 3 things are going at once but that doesnt bother me much. once the game runs properly it shouldnt be a problem. any suggestions on what 3rd party plugins to use for better compatibility?

spartan

i save everytime, its just an annoying bug. to be honest, this comp acts a little screwy and can be slow if more than 3 things are going at once but that doesnt bother me much. once the game runs properly it shouldnt be a problem. any suggestions on what 3rd party plugins to use for better compatibility?

well what r u using now? i like using nrage's direct-input8 v2 1.82 and jabo's Directinput7 1.6.