What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Super Mario 64 (practice) hi-res environment pack

Tablecloth

Well, this is Jabo, first of all, so yeah. It's a practice pack, and I don't intend of going farther than the courtyard and the lobby. Attached are my semifinal pics:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Most of the textures don't look very hot when viewed from afar. IMO, they're also too sharp.

OP
T

Tablecloth

I have some higher resolution and IMO the sharpness kind of goes away(see attachment)

I have some higher res pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Certain N6 games look absolutely gorgeous when slapped with some sharp textures on them. However, I also think that there are games that get "raped" with the overuse of filter effects and sharpness. Case in point, Super Mario 64.

Mind you that this is just my opinion, and shouldn't be taken as gospel. Feel free to ignore it.

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
The problem is, its not realistc. Its not nonrealistic either, like in a art style kind of way. Your colors just dont make sense, too much black in the grass, which doesnt look much like grass to begin with. It shouldnt be called a high res pack, because it isnt. Its a filtered pack. Now, dont get me wrong, it's good to see new packs, and its good to see youre open to criticism. Look at some newer games, and see how the texture work is done there. Stay away from black aswell, its the most unnatural color out there. Go outside and look for something that is naturally black. You wont!