What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Super Mario Retexture project

silverneo188

Stationed at Area 41
I figured out how to dump and load textures now and I just did the grass
grassmr8.png

Im in the process of editing the walls with the mosaic and trees.

Last edited:
OP
S

silverneo188

Stationed at Area 41
im sidetracking right now, I just "3D'ized" the flying hat box

Before
befpreblockgo1.png

After
afterblockjv8.png

More Images coming soon

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hmm.. good progress for your first time; but the grass is kinda low-res... but it is good for a first try, you'll get better soon.

mudlord

Banned
I don't mean to sound nasty, but how many Mario projects are there like this???

I mean, I noticed a overall lack and decline in the amount of unique tex packs. If I'm not mistaken, this concept is starting to turn stale. Sure, there's plenty of artistic talent, as shown by the top quality work of some, but is it really deemed important to retexture the same games over and over and over?..Its starting to bore me seeing the same thing over and over, yet its redone with a new style everytime. Probably, the same thing will happen with Jabo's plugin too, when its publically released.

Like, is any other game going to be retexed apart from SM64, LOZ: OoT, PM, BK, MK64 and SSB? Frankly, the most standout pack I seen is Vanit's Sin and Punishment translation/retexture proj.

I don't mean this to offend or bother anyone, its just my observation as a outsider to this retexing biz.

Nice work btw, silverneo188

OP
S

silverneo188

Stationed at Area 41
well im still going to work on it but I won't be able to fix te grass until wendsday

Great work! Go for it man. =)

thks like I said I won't be able to work on it until wedsnday.

I don't mean to sound nasty, but how many Mario projects are there like this???

I mean, I noticed a overall lack and decline in the amount of unique tex packs. If I'm not mistaken, this concept is starting to turn stale. Sure, there's plenty of artistic talent, as shown by the top quality work of some, but is it really deemed important to retexture the same games over and over and over?..Its starting to bore me seeing the same thing over and over, yet its redone with a new style everytime. Probably, the same thing will happen with Jabo's plugin too, when its publically released.

Like, is any other game going to be retexed apart from SM64, LOZ: OoT, PM, BK, MK64 and SSB? Frankly, the most standout pack I seen is Vanit's Sin and Punishment translation/retexture proj.

I don't mean this to offend or bother anyone, its just my observation as a outsider to this retexing biz.

Nice work btw, silverneo188

if you want I will retexture a diff game... OOO I know I'll retexture Jet Force Gemini. That game has terrible graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:

mudlord

Banned
if you want I will retexture a diff game... OOO I know I'll retexture Jet Force Gemini. That game has terrible graphics.

Nah, its ok, I'm sure others will try to retexture something unique :). BTW, you will have issues with retexing Jet Force Gemini, due to its use of framebuffers (the number of effects is insane).