What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Why

tatsuto

A simple question: Why is the N64 retexturing projects in the 1964 emulator folder and not a seperate section in itself?

Wait; The structure of this confuses me. I don't know how i'm getting to where I need to know.

Last edited:

Clements

Ideally, Hi-resolution projects should have a separate forum, as other plugins not associated with 1964 will be able to load textures as well.

Cyberman

A simple question: Why is the N64 retexturing projects in the 1964 emulator folder and not a seperate section in itself?

Wait; The structure of this confuses me. I don't know how i'm getting to where I need to know.
Hello... a few things
  1. Single 1 word subjects are in very bad taste, please put a descriptive subject instead such as "Why are N64 retexturing projects under a forum in the 1964 forum?"
  2. I don't recomend starting with 'Why' either. That is like screaming you want to argue about something. Doing so has a certain connotation and is generally taken as a verbal challenge to argue, in the English language. It is an unfortunate nuance in English many people completely miss, are unaware of or ignore. It is especially considered a challenge when just 'why' is used. Since you can't set tone of voice or inflection in words on the internet, it is best to avoid the use of why. This way it's not misunderstood.
I recomend to you to consider what you are wanting first. You are really asking or suggesting that N64 textures be moved to a regular forum instead of a 1964 subforum.

To answer your question Rice developed 1964, Rice made a graphics plugin, Rice added hirez retexturing to said plugin. Because Rice developed 1964 and the plugin was his as well it was put beneath 1964 in a subforum. Very simple and neat. No other retexturing plugin existed (or technically exists in distribution). So until Jabo releases his new plugin there hasn't been any impetous to make a forum for general high rez retexturing projects. That would be my guess.

I'll ask Martin what he thinks about moving this forum out of the 1964 heirarchy though. That might be a good idea.

Cyb

Last edited:

zman

The answers given where good, however I would suggest a pointer or reference in the main area as to the location of the hi-res projects. I.E. a subtext under the "1964" stating the location on these projects.

The more poignant question aught to be "Where?"

Where is the orginisation of the sum of the whole.

The one stickied thread that says "Here lies the complete and final versions of the texture projects, please download and install accordingly to the comprehensive instructions included."

Also one could make a similar thread stating, "Here lies the uncomplete projects, please download and install accordingly in the sum of all the parts."