What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Solo_Rex' OiZel Textures

Solo_Rex

The one and only
Welcome to the OiZel Project

The OiZel project is an attempt to make higher resolution textures for Zelda 64 without setting them too far apart from the models and the overall artistic feel of the game. The optimal resolution for this texture pack will be 1280x960.

I've only just begun making textures for this project, but here's a couple of samples:

THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA.jpg
ShieldShot.jpg

Please tell me what you think

Last edited:
OP
Solo_Rex

Solo_Rex

The one and only
Yay for photoshop filters!... .. ?

Well Link's home was done using Decompose, Edge filtering, Color level fixing, Gaussean Blur, Color level fix again, Unsharp mask, Compose, Cartoon filter and lastly, the Oilify filter.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
That overhead picture of Link's house is such a mess, and it's too dark. :/

Oh well, not that I'm complaining too much. Artist's have the right to do whatever the hell they want.

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
Ummm... I really don't see the purpose of making Zelda in this style. Aren't you basically down-grading all of the textures? I mean with cell shading, some people like it because they liked WW, but this?

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
Uhh... double postage, pl1x? Try editing it in if it's a second thought.

(trying not to sound condescending but I suck as it...)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Applying Photoshop filters to original textures and calling them your own makes you look ignorant more than anything.

OP
Solo_Rex

Solo_Rex

The one and only
Applying Photoshop filters to original textures and calling them your own makes you look ignorant more than anything.

I've never tried to hide that they were just original textures with filters on 'em. But sorry if I sounded ignorant.

And btw sorry for the double postage, won't happen again.

Well I'm probably not gonna do any more of these (what a relief huh?). Instead I'll try to participate in drawing all the prerendered parts of the game, from scratch. :p

Mollymutt

Just remember that you the overhead textures of the inside of buildings won't load ingame, so don't waste your time editing them.

Clements

Images are ridiculously large in file size. 4.7MB for a single in-line image is unacceptable, and the other is an uncompressed bitmap.

Please reduce the filesize, or the images will be removed. Not everybody is using high speed broadband, and it is also a waste of bandwidth for you, your hosting and us.

Around 100-200kB using a compressed format such as Jpeg is generally more acceptable for in-line images. If you have Photoshop or Infranview, then this is not difficult to do.