What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Faster texture loading in Zelda + Hi-Res?

yogurt400

Hey guys!

I finally got the 3 hi - res texture pack for Zelda OOT to work. Also with Rice's Video plugin 6.1.1beta 10 too and everything is working fine now. A lot of thanks to the authors, contributers, and texturers etc etc you've really made Zelda OOT look SO MUCH BETTER! THANKS!!!!!

I'm just curious if there's a way to make the texture loading faster. Because everytime I start up the game it takes like 4-5 seconds to load the rom or just loading save states. I also tried checking the option for Dump Texture to Files but no difference.

Thanks in advance.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No, there is no way to make it faster, AFAIK. The 'Dump Texture to Files' means that the textures from the game are dumped as files so they can be modified. It has nothing to do with loading the textures to the game.

superdoughboy4

There isn't a way to load the textures faster, but it will load faster if closed and run again.
It's like having a Temp Int. Folder, but literally temporary.
Everytime you start the emulator back up with the ROM, it will load normally.