What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Confused : P

Viper Snake

Hi, I'm making my own little texture mod for StarFox 64. I thought it would be funny to put the faces of people I know where the characters faces are shown (the ones next to the dialog box).

So far, I have only been able to complete (part of) one face. The only way I was able to do this, was by editing the general pepper face that raiven uploaded: http://www.emutalk.net/high-resolution-textures-projects/26727-starfox-64-retexture.html

I tried to replace the 3rd bottom half of the image (the only part raiven didn't include), but nothing seems to happen. The talking animation works fine at least:

betashot.png

Here's what I'm doing:

Dump textures

Make the .all texture 2x bigger

Replace the image with my edited one

Save over original texture

Now, this did work for the little character boxes (That appear during the briefing screen) but it doesn't seem to anything at all for this texture.

Also, there are 2 btw, shouldn't there have only been one for the lower half? I tried them with both alone and with each other when they loaded and still nothing.

Please help me get this boggy off my tail!

Last edited:

M[u]ddy

If you're using Photoshop, don't forget to reduce the image to one layer.
Otherwise Photoshop will save the texture in the wrong format.

OP
Viper Snake

Viper Snake

Hmm...maybe thats it. I was pretty tired when I did this so maybe thats my mistake. I'll try it out later when I get the chance, thanks. :)

Ok I'm odviously missing something here. Some of the textures I can change without having to do anything, while others don't work at all. Do I have combine them or do some special math or something?

Allright, once again I edited another texture that raiven made, here is it's address:

A0794CB1#0#2_all

Now, I searched the every folder in my texture dump folder for the same image, and I found 2. One in the png_all folder and one in the png_by_rgb_a folder. Now these images have the exact same name except for the extension:

A08942C7#0#2_rgb

A08942C7#0#2_all

How did that turn into the working texture above? I just don't see it someone please explain.

Last edited by a moderator:

M[u]ddy

1. Open A08942C7#0#2_all.png with Photoshop.
2. Then press Alt+Ctrl+I and change the size to 400%.
3. Paste your new texture over the old one and if it doesnt fit, adjust its size.
4. Select all layers in the layer window and right click --> "reduce to one layer".

When you now save, and nothing happens you have done right.
If the "save as" screen pops up you did something wrong.

OP
Viper Snake

Viper Snake

I figured it out a few hours after my last post, sorry for such a long delay but I got it working. Apparently I was dumping them incorrectly. :p I guess I got really lucky with the ones that still worked.