What's new

Donated $20 two days ago, still no email...

Toasty

Sony battery
As ScottJC said, PM zilmar or Smiff. Also, you donated money; you didn't pay for anything. Don't make demands like customers because that's not what you are. You have voluntarily donated towards the project and the developers will kindly return the favor as soon as is possible by allowing you to download the currently developing PJ64 1.7.

Poobah

Hunta, I'm getting the impression that you haven't even private messaged Zilmar yet. Perhaps that would help.

Hunta

Project64 1.7

No i have private messaged him many times and we have been comunitcating but for some reson even after i proved to him i aculey sent the 20$ i dont think he has done much about aculey sending me Projecy64 1.7. Anyway its just annoying :matrix:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
don't have a cow man.

your lucky you get anything, its a donation, you aren't buying anything,

keeping the mentality that you are owed something just shows that you are owed nothing. you will get it in time.

i bet you don't give money to charity coz you get nothing in return eh.

OP
S

sunburn

Thanks, ScottJC, I have already private messaged Zilmar before going to the forum and heard nothing. I will send Smiff a private message and let you all know what happens.

Does any one know if Zilmar is on vacation at the moment? Has anyone donated in the past few days and received an email?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Thanks, ScottJC, I have already private messaged Zilmar before going to the forum and heard nothing. I will send Smiff a private message and let you all know what happens.

Does any one know if Zilmar is on vacation at the moment? Has anyone donated in the past few days and received an email?

Smiff is having Internet problems at the moment so i highly doubt you would get a response from him anytime soon.

As for Zilmar hang on in there. If you have sent a message he will get back to you as soon as he gets it.

It wasn't that long ago the whole network was hacked and the resulting issues are still being sorted out on the pj64 site.

zilmar

Emulator Developer
I am sorry for all the problems it seems to have been a couple of issue. I have been away for a couple of days which has impounded the issue of me not being able to get on top of it quickly. It seems like there was an issue with the server not sending out emails (or just not quickly, big queue). The second one is that other then the email goes out it is being rejected/stopped getting to the end. I have re-created all the recent inactivated accounts, got what the email should have been and resent it via my own ISP. So you should have an email now (please also check your spam folder). If not please tell me and I will fix the issue.

Sorry again about all the problems

Zilmar

zilmar

Emulator Developer
I When you refunded the money it onley gave me 1$ back and i paid 20$ .
Plz help me:(

You claim you paid me $20, you sent me a screen shot saying this. I have given you the infomation paypal has given me and I have refunded the payment. I have offered to send an email to paypal asking them. But it is your account and I can not follow up properly with it.

I have not had the problem before of where one person sends X and the other person gets Y. This is something that has to be taken up with paypal. I can not just send you a link to the program, even if you can not see the harm in it. If I send you the program and pay pal has only sent me $1 how will I know if some one try to scam me in the future and just sends $1 and then tells me they sent $20. If I do this once I set a bad precidence. The best I can do is go to pay pal and ask them. Do you wish me to do this ????

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Zilmar, in the future, maybe you guys should only allow donations from longer term members? such as those with over 70-100 posts?

that way you can get a general idea of the persons personality,.. whether they are a valued member,.. etc.

guru3d did that with the for sale section to cut down on fraud sales.

it would also cut down on all the newbies downloading it just to have the latest build,.. thinking they bought it.

isn't downloading the beta supposed to mean that you report any found bugs?

Last edited:

Hunta

Naw dont worry about sending paypal an email ive delt with them in the past and there useless when it comes to helping people with problems. Anyway i have to disagree i dont think anyone can realy scam you in the future by just sending $1 and then saying i sent $20. Simply because they cant have proof they sent you 20$ if its aculey a scam and with out proof there words mean nothing. I sent you proof by showing you a screen shot of my paypal account with a 20$ donation to PJ64.net. This should prove that this isent a scam. Seeing that there shouldent be any problem sending me an email with download link. :p

CakeMonitor

Hi,

It may not be the case on *this* occasion, but for anyone who has donated and not yet received their email, check your junk mail folder. It might seem obvious to a lot of us, but if this advice helps some others then good.

I donated yesterday evening, I checked my email this morning and found that my account details had been sent last night within just a few hours of my donation. However, Gmail thought it was spam and it got automatically filtered.

@squall_leonhart: Personally, I don't like the Idea of only allowing donations from long term members. This is my first post to this forum (I read forums to help solve any problems I might be having, but unless I can truely help someone I rarely post to forums because I too often get caught up in petty arguments!) But... I'm glad to be able to donate and offer my support and thanks to the Project64 team - I would have been really annoyed if I'd had to make 70 pointless posts just to send these guys some money - and a shed-load of other people doing the same thing could swamp the forum in so much crap that it'd be almost useless for the rest of us.

Poobah

Naw dont worry about sending paypal an email ive delt with them in the past and there useless when it comes to helping people with problems. Anyway i have to disagree i dont think anyone can realy scam you in the future by just sending $1 and then saying i sent $20. Simply because they cant have proof they sent you 20$ if its aculey a scam and with out proof there words mean nothing. I sent you proof by showing you a screen shot of my paypal account with a 20$ donation to PJ64.net. This should prove that this isent a scam. Seeing that there shouldent be any problem sending me an email with download link. :p

Screenshots really aren't all that useful for prooving things.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
i don't like the idea of potential leakers getting thier hand on the beta.. thats all.
Project64 1.7 has a protection built in against that, since everyones build is different (my version of 1.7 really is my version) if everyone started using my copy my account would be disabled quickly and 1.7 would no longer launch so leaking is pointless.

Martin

Administrator
You claim you paid me $20, you sent me a screen shot saying this. I have given you the infomation paypal has given me and I have refunded the payment. I have offered to send an email to paypal asking them. But it is your account and I can not follow up properly with it.

I have not had the problem before of where one person sends X and the other person gets Y. This is something that has to be taken up with paypal. I can not just send you a link to the program, even if you can not see the harm in it. If I send you the program and pay pal has only sent me $1 how will I know if some one try to scam me in the future and just sends $1 and then tells me they sent $20. If I do this once I set a bad precidence. The best I can do is go to pay pal and ask them. Do you wish me to do this ????

Doesn't Hunta's donation show up in your PayPal account under transaction history? Should be easy to check how much was donated if so.