What's new

The newest pokemon games

kzez1986

Have you already tested the newest pokemon games Pokemon Diamond/Pearl? I'm waiting for info about compatibility.

Cyberman

kzez1986 said:
Have you already tested the newest pokemon games Pokemon Diamond/Pearl? I'm waiting for info about compatibility.
If it hasn't been added to the compatibility threads then not likely.

Cyb

Low Lines

Aww what? Only one person :( I was betting on there being a ton of people bugging threads and NDS Emulator Authors about D/P :evil:

Sorry mate, THEY DON'T WORK :unsure: I tested them myself,

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl - Doesn't Work - Black Screen
(And this goes for ALL emulators, No$GBA/DeSmuME/iDeaS)

Also do not expect them to be working on any emulator atm, mainly because not only will they PROBABLY have the Save Data problem but also the game uses partial 3D and other such fancy stuff so the chances of it working anytime soon on emulators is VERY slim.

Only comfort I can say is that they will probably come out in the US around June next year (not accurate, just based off of what I know).

And what I recommend to any people who ARE into the Pokemon Games, to check out Serebii.net as the people who are running it are currently doing a daily update of the games as well as putting up new information such as New Pokemon and Plot Spoilers as well as screenshots and everything.

Hopefully this covers all of it HEH HEH :evil: and YES I am a freak, but a very helpful one.....

Terra

Rawr, i tried this on no$gba (its the only rom ive tried for ds) and it gave me the rom image crashed or whatever. thing is, ive tried nds tool and it only stays on screen for like 2 secs and i tried using eNDrypts Advanced but it didnt seem to do anything...
Meh.

Clements

Bare in mind that 99% of the dumps of these games are bad (overdumps). Sizes should be 64MB and the CRC32s should be 9595ECD7 for Pearl and DCC6126A for Diamond. Saying that, the games don't work regardless.

Low Lines

Bare in mind that 99% of the dumps of these games are bad (overdumps). Sizes should be 64MB and the CRC32s should be 9595ECD7 for Pearl and DCC6126A for Diamond. Saying that, the games don't work regardless.
They're not THAT small are they? :unsure:

Terra

The pearl roms I downloaded were around 27 megs (i downloaded two to try) and when unzipped they were around 131 megs... I couldnt get NDStool to work properly (it only flashed on the screen for around a sec) so i cant check the CRC.

Oh and wouldnt i be right to assume that (since MBits are 8 times smaller than MBytes) pokemon pearl would be approximately 128 MBs? Since on the NFO file of one of the Pearls i downloaded it said that the rom size is 1024 Mbits, and 1024/8 is 128.... meh, my emulation experience was, before this, limited to mostly ZSNES, VBA and various N64 emulators so im not all that experienced with this stuff, lol.

Last edited:

Low Lines

The pearl roms I downloaded were around 27 megs (i downloaded two to try) and when unzipped they were around 131 megs... I couldnt get NDStool to work properly (it only flashed on the screen for around a sec) so i cant check the CRC.

Oh and wouldnt i be right to assume that (since MBits are 8 times smaller than MBytes) pokemon pearl would be approximately 128 MBs? Since on the NFO file of one of the Pearls i downloaded it said that the rom size is 1024 Mbits, and 1024/8 is 128.... meh, my emulation experience was, before this, limited to mostly ZSNES, VBA and various N64 emulators so im not all that experienced with this stuff, lol.
Hmm let me explain this better for you....

bits are the smallest possible strings of data that can be made.....they are made up of zeros and ones that I suppose you could say looks like matrix code 001011010....

now there are 8bits in a single byte....there are 1024 bytes in a kilo byte, 1024 kilo bytes in a mega byte and 1024 mega bytes in a giga byte (there are tera bytes but we can just forget about them for now)......

now bits are mostly commonly used when talking about internet connection speeds and other such things.....

whereas bytes are used to calculate filesizes and such.....I mean its much easier knowing a file is 128MB than saying it is 1024 Mbits ;)

also I doubt it would matter however much messing around you do with the rom itself will it make it any better to run on emulators....like I said before, there's a good wait until these come out in other countries so you had best head down to Serebii.net and drool over all the pics and stuff they got there :p prepare yourself for when you get it or whatever....

[EDIT]

Hey cyb, I'm viewing this thread in Firefox and there seems to be some display problems but there's like this line through the "Moderator" part of your profile....XD.....makes it look like you retired or something.....I'm also viewing at 1024x768 pixels, wondering if it's the browser or the forums? Might go mention it in the suggestions thread or something....

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Console cart sizes are always measured in kilobits or megabits. Of course, megabits are more common than kilobits nowadays.

Ody

Just to add a comment: the 27 MB size corresponds to he zipped rom.

By the way, I tested the roms on Ensata 1.3c and 1.4d and of course they don't work.

spotanjo3

I think we are not supposed to talk about illegal emulator like Ensata because it is nintendo copyright, if I remember correct in the rules.

Ody

Maybe I am wrong but as far as I know, the released versions of Ensata are legal. Ensata have fully working emulator for DS but they are not available in public just like PSP emulator Sony made. The fully working version has not been leaked and they would be illegal.

EDIT: since I am new, I am not completely familiar with the forums but I DID read the rules first and there is nowhere mentioned talking about illegal emulator is forbidden. Maybe there are other rules posted elsewhere I didn't read but the general rules posted on the top of all topics don't mention it. Once again, I may be wrong.
And also take no offense (nothing mean implied), but playing roms on emulators when we don't have the original roms is also illegal ;)

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Well, maybe you are right. I am just not sure. It is fully working emulator but nobody is able to crack it or have a patch to make it fully working emulator to playable the roms fully. If it does then it will be illegal, I think. :)

Ody

I am not sure either :laugh:
Anyway, emulation in general is a sensible subject bordering on illegality...
Sorry that my first posts were already controversial. I'll try to be less visible in the future.
Nice to meet you by the way :)

synch

Ensata is illegal to use if you're not a licensed developer. Using it without being a Nintendo licensed developer is illegal. Sorry to tell, but Ody, you're utterly wrong.

Last edited: