What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda High Rez Installation Help

ironblob

Hi all,
I'm having trouble understanding what to install and where to install it to convert "The Ocarina of Time" into the High Rez version. I've listed some information about the programs and files i'm using/have below;

*Project64 Emulator*
*Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!]*
*Federelli's Zelda OOT and MQ retexture v. 0.20 WIP*
*Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1b10*
*BMGlib.dll*

If someone could tell me which files to put whee and what options to select I'd be really grateful caus I don't really understand the read me file that came with "Federelli's Zelda OOT".

Thanks in advance :w00t:

Vanit

Taken from my pack's readme said:
----------------------------------------
Tutorial:

You might find yourself wondering how to install this translation because I did not make it in the ordinary way. So with this release I have also attached the required plugins and if you read on I will explain how to use them.

Files Attached In Folder 'Rice':

HiRezTexture.txt - has additional information on the plugin
RiceVideo6.1.ini
RiceVideo6.1.0-Readme.txt - even more information
RiceVideo.dll
RiceVideoDbg.dll
hires_texture - this one is an empty folder, put it there anyways to save confusion

^Plop all of these into the plugin folder of the N64 emulator of your choosing^

BMGLibPNG.dll
BMGlib.dll

^Plop these into the MAIN folder of the same emulator of your choosing^

Now in that empty folder in your plugin directory (hires_texture) place the 'TSUMI TO BATSU' folder. Then after that open your emulator and set the graphics plugin to 'Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10'... AFTER THAT... yes we're almost done; run the game and then go to the graphics options, then the 'Texture Filters' tab, and lastly make sure that the 'Load hi-res textures if available' box is checked, if it already is then just click 'Ok' and away you go! Enjoy!
----------------------------------------
When it says TSUMI TO BATSU just think of it saying Zelda or whatever.

OP
ironblob

ironblob

Thanks a million, just one question, in the empty folder do i put the "Federelli's Zelda OOT and MQ retexture" folder?

Last edited:

Vanit

The folders for the packs have to be their 'goodname'. One way to find out the 'goodname' of a rom is to try dumping a texture and see what it sets the folder name to in the 'texture_dump' folder.

Anyways, in the case of Ocarina of Time in the currently empty folder you just made (hires_texture), make a folder called 'The Legend of Zelda' (without quotations) and put the textures for OoT in that folder.

linkenski

I also needed the BMGlibPNG.dll and now i got everything. a lot of text comes up when i tell the emulator to load the textures like it should but the old textures are there still