What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Super smash retexture pack

Blacklord

Banned
I had to repost this thread couse i accidently Deleted my thread :(. Anyway my texture pack has made great progress. Might even release a Beta. Sure would like feedback doh.

The Dave

There's already a really well done GUI retexture, it's just old. It would be cool if you could just expand on that instead of doing work that's already been done.

It seems as of late a lot of people are doing things already done, and to me it seems like a waste of time. We're going to have 857 Zelda packs by the end of the year.

Kerber2k

Thats right and none of them will be even 70% completed. I really think somthing like a sticky to all completed packs should be enforced by admins. I made a motion for somthing like this earlier, but it fell apon deaf ears. I dont think chaos will ensue if they sticky the finished projects, and no im afraid posting a thread with all the finished projects will not do. It will just die without bumps, and people will continue creating the same packs over again. Sorry about going off topic I just feel somthing should be done. Whats here does look good altho I have seen some impressive stuff on the first SSB re-text.

Skielledslacker

Well, I have yet to see a full map pack re-texture job for Mario Kart 64. I have seen various GUI updates, along with plain hi-res packs, but never anything to truly altered the mood of Mario Kart. I have yet to see that in any rom (please correct me If I'm wrong, I haven't searched that much).

I want to create two packs for mario kart: One realism (despite the low-poly count, it can come out looking nicely), and another that simply meshs concepts from one map to another. Why should Frappe's snowland be bound to constant snowy grounds? Why not a tropic feel? ..with ice sculptures & snow falling..but..Summer In July!

Sorry for veering off topic...
Please tell me if any soft-mods of that type exist.

and as for TOO many mods of the same type...that's just silly.
If I haven't found one that I like for a particular game, then I will sure as hell make one....regardless of how many were crafted prior.

The Dave

I don't think theres any need to make a hi-res Mario Kart as Kerber has done it and now someone else is doing it.

Skielledslacker

Not a simple Hi-res pack; those are boring. Nintendo 64's low-poly graphics look no better with better defined textures. I'm going draw my own textures; replace as many weapons as a can, etc.

OP
Blacklord

Blacklord

Banned
^ they look the same only as in definition but otherwise it changes the game a lot.
As for my texture pack I found a discontinued one. Looked incredible for it's time but 2/3 of the textures have become incompatible with Rice's 6.11 plugin. Thank god the HUD textures still work. I am now concentrating on ingame textures.

Kerber2k

Skielledslacker said:
Not a simple Hi-res pack; those are boring. Nintendo 64's low-poly graphics look no better with better defined textures. I'm going draw my own textures; replace as many weapons as a can, etc.

lol mariokart only uses polygons for maps...the projectiles use frame animations and theres plenty to retexture. Theres a search option on this forum, and before coming to a bold conclusion like (there is no mariokart 64 pack with maps done you should use it.) Your cocky additude better be backed up with awsome 128X128 textures...if they are boring youll be hearing from me.:angry:

Last edited: